March 28, 2024, 02:29:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Frustrated - New MK II Owner - Question about center knob and MIDI  (Read 1342 times)

bostonsynth

• Apprentice
I just bought a Keylab MK II 61 and overall I love it. However, no matter what I try I cannot find anyway to use the center knob to browse presets *outside* of Analog Lab. My previous workstation and controller from 1998-2002 had a data wheel that automatically cycled presets for third-party VST but I struggle with this on the Keylab. I read the manual and found nothing about how to use this knob in this fashion, but I have a hard time believing this is impossible on such a great piece of gear like the Keylab.

Question: how can I make the Keylab center knob *incrementally* cycle through presets in my VST plugins (not just pick a program change or LSB/MSB) or is this seriously not possible? I have to use the mouse and the Keylab in combination now to cycle presets and it's quite frustrating and not convenient for long scoring days in the studio imo. Essentially, how can I leverage the MIDI CC generated by this knob and use it to cycle presets for plugins? This is a dealbreaker for me and my workflow.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I use Reaper as my main DAW and although I could probably hack an SWS action fix, I prefer to not only solve this problem on the DAW-side of things. Thank you so much.

I've been a long time user of Arturia products for years but this is my first controller from them so I am eager to get up and running.  :)

hrgraf

• Apprentice
Re: Frustrated - New MK II Owner - Question about center knob and MIDI
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 10:06:29 pm »
Hi, I have built a VST2 plug-in as work-around for this issue. It converts the Arturia default CC MIDI commands of the Preset knob to MIDI program changes.
Check it out at https://github.com/hrgraf/pizmidi and let me know if it works for you!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines