April 26, 2024, 07:32:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Different color/shape for each arp parameter  (Read 1050 times)

creal

• Apprentice
Different color/shape for each arp parameter
« on: March 09, 2020, 05:58:44 pm »
Hello,

Since we have five different lanes corresponding to five different parameters (octave, velocity, trigger, gate, slide), it would be more clear if each lane has its own color (be it the background, the outline or just the 16 sliders).
Example: octave = blue, velocity = yellow, trigg = white, gate = green, slide = pink.

I know there is already a graphic chart (yellow for LFOs, green for functions, etc.) so the alternative would be different slider shapes (rectangle, rounded rectangle, dotted rectangle, etc.) so that we instantly know what parameter we're currently editing. Or anything else that could create a difference between one parameter and another. Maybe just light grey every other lane could be sufficient.

What do you think about that? Don't you think that the superposition of five identical GUI lanes are a little raw?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 06:02:24 pm by creal »

LBH

Re: Different color/shape for each arp parameter
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 09:15:00 pm »
My 2 cents.

I would not like many colors that have no purpose - but just distract and look tacky.

I would like the best possible contrast between characters and backgorund colors. In example white characters on a cyan background is hard to read. But i see it match the design idea.

As it is then each color is associated with certain functionality.
Six different colors for the sequencer lanes will not keep hold of the excisting idea. You could perhaps have a discreate marking with the Keyboard section color for all the lanes. The lanes should not use colors that is associated with other sections/ functionality.

creal

• Apprentice
Re: Different color/shape for each arp parameter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 10:46:08 pm »
For sure, using different colours are maybe not the best thing to solve the problem. The idea is just to use a way to instantly distinguish the lanes from each other, no matter what that way is  :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines