March 29, 2024, 01:01:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help --- Can't remap pads to different MIDI notes  (Read 1843 times)

khr128

• Apprentice
Help --- Can't remap pads to different MIDI notes
« on: March 05, 2020, 09:37:14 pm »
All my attempts to remap pads' MIDI notes using the MIDI Control Center fail.

I am using BeatStep Pro with Logic Pro X and would like to create a custom Drum Map for one of the plugins I have. I created a new user project in MCC and modified pad note values. Then I loaded this project into BeatStep Pro (either by drag-n-drop or by the "Store To" button, it does not matter.) I monitor the MIDI events sent to a track using the "Script Editor", so I see all the relevant info on my screen when I hit the pad.

The problem is that the pad still sends the factory defined MIDI note, and not the one that I specified in MCC.

What am I doing wrong? Is there some setting that I should use to fix the problem?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Help --- Can't remap pads to different MIDI notes
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 11:06:39 pm »
Hi
If you are making a custom drum map  in the mcc the BSP is updated automatically  no need to drag to a project as that is for the control mapping and not the drums
you can only have 1 custom drum map and it starts at C1-36 which you can change to your own custom map this is stored in the mcc

hope this helps
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

khr128

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 11:15:29 pm »
 Thank you. I think I understand now.

It is confusing though that you can change the midi note value on a pad in MCC, but it does not seem to do anything at all in BSP.

Perhaps this should be disabled, or are there some interesting use cases for this?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 03:25:11 pm »
The pad change does work but you have to save it in a template then send it too the BSP then those will work in control mode.

if you pick global midi for the pads you can change the control midi channel to match a track
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines