April 25, 2024, 02:35:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Clock sync problem  (Read 842 times)

darkstar01uk

Clock sync problem
« on: March 14, 2020, 05:22:02 pm »
I took the plunge and got a BeatStep Pro to provide a hands on interface to VCV rack running on a laptop. I got a USB midi connection to and from VCV with no problems but I haven’t managed to sync clock using either VCV or the BSP as master. I have set the BSP clock resolution to 24 ppqn using MCC and in Clockd on VCV.

If I try to use VCV as master then an audible clock is sent from the audio out on my laptop (I can hear it through speakers). If I connect to the clock in on BSP and set sync to clk then it doesn’t sync although there is some kind of connection as play / stop no longer work on the BSP and the bpm display changes between 120, 50, 00 and —.

Using the BSP as master from clock out to the audio in of my laptop there doesn’t appear to be any incoming signal.

So I am stumped at the moment, does anyone have any suggestions? I wonder if my minijack - minijack lead has the right TRS connections (I’ve tried 2, same results), how would I know? It’s a standard stereo extender, works fine with headphones etc.

Sorry for the long post!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines