April 16, 2024, 09:29:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can MB respond to MIDI Dump commands?  (Read 1488 times)

andretoscano

• Apprentice
Can MB respond to MIDI Dump commands?
« on: March 03, 2020, 05:40:33 pm »
Hi everyone.

Just purchased a MB and I'm pretty happy with it.
I just wanted to know (information is kind of sparse for a synth this big and expensive...) if there is any possibility of making a MIDI dump of each preset so I can record it to a MIDI track alongside my DAW project.
That way, the preset would be loaded/played-back when the project is opened, and everything would be ready to go should a remix be needed (as in... pretty much any digital synth out there).

However, the only utility I found that seems to handle presets is the MIDI Control Center, which isn't that practical, not to mention the connection between device and computer is kind of a hit-or-miss sometimes...

One possible solution would be to create a new project in MCC every time there's a new song, give it the same song name, and deposit the used presets there, but it's a bit more fiddly...

Thanks!

Best regards,

André

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Can MB respond to MIDI Dump commands?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 09:03:45 pm »
There's no MIDI patch/bulk dump, so you'll have to export the patches from the MCC and store them with the DAW projects.

The MCC shouldn't give you trouble though - it's fully stable here, no issues.

andretoscano

• Apprentice
Re: Can MB respond to MIDI Dump commands?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 05:49:09 pm »
Thanks!
If the MCC allows me to save and export files to the "outside world" (which I never bothered to check...  :-[ ) then it's probably just as good. It's just a matter of exporting the presets used to some folder within the project.

Best regards!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines