March 28, 2024, 01:22:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How can I assign Beatstep encoders to control Analog Lab controls?  (Read 1912 times)

bmattson

• Apprentice
My old Minilab Mk1 controlled all the virtual knobs as designed, but I wore it out. I wold like to use either the knobs/encoders on the Beatstep, or the Native Instruments M32, to control the parameters in Analog Lab 4. I set the software to "generic midi" since there is no Beatstep listed. The pads trigger notes on the Beatstep, and M32's touch strips control pitch and modulation and the keys trigger notes, but nothing happens with the encoders. It is the same both in standalone and the AU plugin.

Any idea how I can get Analog Lab 4 to respond to the encoders of either controller?

LBH

Re: How can I assign Beatstep encoders to control Analog Lab controls?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 04:31:32 pm »
Have you set up your controller for Analog Lab in the applications Audio and MIDI settings, like described in Analog Labs manual section "2.2. Initial setup for Standalone Use"?
The generic selection you mention is'nt the same.
Also consult the manual section "3.3.2. The MIDI Settings Menu", to get in midi learn mode.

Please do not use reserved midi CCs, as they can't be assigned.

And have you set your controller correct up in your DAW, so it can work as a midi cc control in the DAW?
Please keep in mind that a Mackie setup is'nt the same.

For beatstep i also suggest you consult the manual about using midi cc.

I don't have the controllers you mention.

bmattson

• Apprentice
Re: How can I assign Beatstep encoders to control Analog Lab controls?
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 02:11:53 am »
Thank you LBH I will follow those sections of the manual and report back.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines