April 19, 2024, 09:43:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Encoders not sending cc in User mode  (Read 959 times)

db

Encoders not sending cc in User mode
« on: March 01, 2020, 09:06:44 pm »
I'm using Keylab Analog lab 4 and V7 Suite, Keylab MKii , Mac Powerbook Pro.  I've used MCC to map cc and pedal functions.  Encoders and faders function fine in Analog Lab mode, but do not send while in User or DAW mode. All software and firmware updates are up to date. OS is 10.13.6

Anybody else?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 09:32:24 pm by db »

LBH

Re: Encoders not sending cc in User mode
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:46:08 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

How do you know the controller is'nt sending midi cc's? Have you used a midi monitor to tell?

Have you read the Keylab MKII manual so you know something about in example what DAW mode and User mode is and work?

Do you have issues when using the standalone applications?
If so - Then how excactly have you set up your controller for the standalone applications? Please consult the manuals about getting started.

How excactly have you set up your controller in your DAW so it can work both as a keyboard and a Mackie DAW control? Please consult your DAW manual or informations about this.
Which DAW do you use? Which precise plugin format do you use?

What are you trying to control and how? Both for standalone applications and for plugins. Please also give and example and tell the specific application, parameter and midi cc number you use.
Are you sure the midi cc's is assigned both on your controller and for the software?

FYI: I'm on Windows. And i don't have a Arturia controller yet.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Encoders not sending cc in User mode
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 01:13:27 pm »
I'm using Keylab Analog lab 4 and V7 Suite, Keylab MKii , Mac Powerbook Pro.  I've used MCC to map cc and pedal functions.  Encoders and faders function fine in Analog Lab mode, but do not send while in User or DAW mode. All software and firmware updates are up to date. OS is 10.13.6

Anybody else?
That's because in DAW mode the encoders and faders are supposed to work the controls in your DAW, not work Analog Lab / VC7. The clue is in the name: DAW mode.
In User mode you can program them to work whatever you want.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines