March 29, 2024, 09:19:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab playlist patches do not revert to saved state when changing patches  (Read 1814 times)

optimystery

• Apprentice
I am starting to make use of the Analog Lab playlists feature, inside of MainStage.
If I tweak a patch and then change patches and return to it, it keeps the last tweaked state rather than the saved state.
For playing live I am going to want to tweak patches, but they need to be recallable in their saved state.
Is this a bug?

For example, I add overdrive to a patch and then change to the next patch.
When I return to the first patch, the overdrive should be off again.

LBH

There is a "Revert changes on concert" function in the menu you find right of the "Go on Stage" button.
But t does'nt revert the selected preset until the concert is reopened. This seems to me to be a bug.

I also think a "Revert changes on Preset" function is needed.

I also think that there at least should be a permanent option to have the concert reverted, when you close the project. The fact that you are asked, if you wan't to save the project, does indicate that should be the case. So that also look like a bug to me.

optimystery

• Apprentice
I thought Revert changes on concert was meant to revert the sequence of tracks and patches (according to the manual). If it also reverts patches on reopen that's good to know.. I will test.
Since it is unintuitively designed, or just buggy, I will avoid using Analog Lab for actual setlist in Mainstage since the midi mapping is also buggy with Nanokontrol faders.
I will just use Concert for keeping a list, and then recreate the patches individually in each separate VST.
These small workflow killers can't be underestimated.

I guess it must be a bug, since the way it is now would not make any sense for planning a set list with stable sounds.

LBH

I'm quite positive that it's a bug, that the selected preset does'nt revert, when the revert feature is used, and when the concert is closed and one say no to save the changes.
Actually i've just looked in the release notes, and it's in the bugfix list for the version before this, but now the bug is back. So it is a bug.

I would also think/ like there should be revert function for both concert and selected preset in stage mode.

optimystery

• Apprentice
Ideally there would be no changes made to the preset unless saved, the same as when using presets outside of the concert playlist.
I will email Arturia with a bug report

optimystery

• Apprentice
Arturia replied that this indeed most likely a bug and they are looking into it..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines