April 25, 2024, 09:33:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: My Simmons SVS doesn't like GATE OF, can I disable it?  (Read 710 times)

johanz

My Simmons SVS doesn't like GATE OF, can I disable it?
« on: February 21, 2020, 10:39:15 pm »
Hi all,

My Simmons SDSV makes noise on every gate off. Changing the gate length with the encoders is not enough of course, it's still interrupting the drum sounds with a nasty click

Can somebody tell me it there is a way to disable the gate off?

Thank you
Johanz

johanz

Re: My Simmons SVS doesn't like GATE OF, can I disable it?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 11:24:56 pm »
Ok, I just found I can make it short, till 01, then you have just a trigger in a way. But....

It changes make all the time and I like to be able to jam along a bit when I record. So...

Is it possible to make a configuration that all gates will be standard 01?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: My Simmons SVS doesn't like GATE OF, can I disable it?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 08:36:45 am »
You can change all the Gates to 01 with one turn by selecting the Drum pad you wish to change, activating Gate for knob mode and then pressing and holding shift then turning Knob 2 so that the value shown is 01.  When you start working on a new pattern, set all the pads you want to set to 01 using this method (then saving) so you don't need to mess around while programming.  It's a bit of fiddling but I've found setting certain things for the 16 pattern in this manner when creating a new project becomes habit.  Remember to save each pattern after you adjust the gate times or you may find yourself losing hair!
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines