March 28, 2024, 01:44:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: WHY IS REGISTRATION SO COMPLICATED?  (Read 1320 times)

Devabhai

• Apprentice
WHY IS REGISTRATION SO COMPLICATED?
« on: February 19, 2020, 04:21:12 pm »
Hello everyone,,

I just purchased the hip hop producer program.  Why is the manual so ambiguous, and registration so complicated?
100001.onl/ 1921681254.mx/ acc.onl/hotmail
I opened an account on Arturia and registered my product.  Now, apparently there is another site (Syncrosoft) that I need to go to in order to enter even more numbers and get a software download.  Problem is, there is no link from the Arturia account to the site, only a reference to Syncrosoft.  When I go to the Syncrosoft site, there is a message indicating that they don't do it anymore.

So what gives?  Why isn't there a page in the manual the clearly says how to get what it is that I need in order to run the program?

So, after I have opened my account and obtained my activation code, can anyone tell me what website I need to go to in order to download the software key I need in order to actually run the program on my computer?  The computer I use for recording is not hooked up to the net, so I need to download the software onto a CD and transfer it. 

Thanks..
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 10:58:16 am by Devabhai »

LBH

Re: WHY IS REGISTRATION SO COMPLICATED?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 05:42:25 pm »
Hi,

Do you know, that the product you have purchased is a 10 year old discontinuet product?
The syncrosoft page is/ wasfor a Steinbergs E-Licenser activation system. Even an old one that's discontinuet 10 years ago. Arturia have not used any E-Licenser activation since before V-Collection 4 arrived in 2014. Arturia now use their own Arturia Software Center for activating software. If the product show on your website, then you can try to download Arturia Software Center from here https://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals, and see if the product show up, and it's possible to activate it that way.

I don't know if you have enough informations. But you can contact Arturia Support, and ask, if you can get a code for the new activation system. If the software have had another owner, then the old owner need to transfere the licenses to you through Arturia.

Even if you can get your product activated, then it's out of date. You will be able to use them, as they are in the latest updates they got, if your can run them in your setup. You have to pay more to get new upgraded versions of the software. The controller you have will still be an old model though.

Seller should have informed you about all this.

I would not buy that old equiptment. I would return it, and get something more up to date. Buing old can be very exspensive. That can buying used products also, if that's the case.

I hope you find a solution.
But i think this is really a seller buyer problem, before it's a Arturia problem, even if Arturia support might be able to help you.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 06:28:54 pm by LBH »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 12:35:55 pm »
How have you even managed to buy this considering it's a ten year old obsolete product? I'm not at all surprised that the Syncrosoft link is dead. LBH has offered good advice: try contacting Arturia to see if they can help, but I don't have high hopes. There aren't any official retailers selling this product anymore. Personally I would complain to whoever you bought it from and ask for a refund. I hope you didn't spend a lot of money to buy it.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 02:07:27 pm »
I forgot to make this clear:
It's still possible to activate old products that was activated with e-Licenser by using the e-Licenser application from Steinberg, if you have the codes for the e-Licenser system, and you can use the new e-Licenser application.  But i don't think, it's a good way to go, unless the Hip Hop package have a discontinuet product, that you wan't no matter what.

This is for e-Licenser: https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/technologies/elicenser.html
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 02:18:39 pm by LBH »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 08:35:47 am »
I guess it is a topic worth discussing, but don't invest too much in it as the OP is a spammer.  This would be why they are asking for help on registering a a product that has been discontinued for so long the licencing software's site is now flagged as a malware risk.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

LBH

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 01:11:33 pm »
Hi Megamarkd

I agree that can be the case.

Regards  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines