March 28, 2024, 11:58:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Since the latest update, Cubase can't find my Filters or Preamps!  (Read 4137 times)

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi there. Title says it all! Last night I updated to the newest version of all my Arturia plugins, and now Cubase can't find the Filters or Preamps!

They still show up in the FX lists when you want to use them in an insert, for example, but when I click on them to load up, nothing happens!

I suspect this is because the names have changed. For example, what used to be the 1973-Pre is now called the Pre-1973. Not a big deal, you'd think, but it's ruined my set up! No matter what I do, no matter how many times I re-install the plugins, or rescan my folders using Media Bay or the Plugin Manager, I cannot get Cubase to recognise the new versions. No such problems with the compressors or the delays, whose names have stayed the same.

Can I just rename the .dll files, or is that a bad idea?

I am using Cubase 8 (not 8.5) Artist on a PC running Windows 10 (64bit).

LBH

Re: Since the latest update, Cubase can't find my Filters or Preamps!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 07:29:33 pm »
Hi,

I suspect this is because the names have changed. For example, what used to be the 1973-Pre is now called the Pre-1973.
Yes i also had a conflict for Pre-1973 becasue of this.

Can I just rename the .dll files, or is that a bad idea?
That would be a bad idea.
I suggest you look in your plugin folders for all the versions you have. Look for the old versions and delete them.
If you have the plugins wrapped by automap or something else, then be sure to delete those wraps too for the old versions.
Unless you have another similar name conflict somewhere, then i guess this will fix your issue.

After this it's actually good the name has changed. I've allways bee annoyed that all the Pre plugins did'nt start with PRE. It's better organized now.

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 07:48:21 pm »
Hello, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I cannot find any instances of the plug-ins with the original names to delete when I look in the program folders!

What I did find was the old versions listed in the Windows 10 Apps And Features list, but when I tried to uninstall then from there, I got a message saying, for example:
"Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Arturia\1973-Pre\unins000.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

But of course, I'm not typing the name in! It's simply there already on the App list, but I can't do anything with it! AAARGHHHH!!!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 08:04:06 pm »
I meant in the plugin folders.
There is'nt any standalone applications of the FXs in the program folders. You only have the plugins you have installed. Like VST2 and VST3 plugins.

Also the x86 usually is for 32 bit applications. The new FXs is only 64 bit. (Did you use 32 bit plugins?) The uninstallers is in the Program Files folder (without the x86).
The old 1973-pre was'nt removed form my windows program list in the kontrolpanel either, but when i would remove it, it said it was removed, and asked if i wanted to remove it form the list, I said yes, and it was removed form the list. The new Pre-1973 is installed.

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 10:00:38 pm »
Yes I meant the plugin folders, which are in the program folders. I've looked in all of them, the ones where there are 64bit versions and the ones with 32bit versions. As far as I'm aware I only install the 64bit versions. But I looked anyway, in 'Program Files', 'Program Files (x86)', 'Common Files', every folder I could find with Arturia or VST names... and all I can find are the new versions, yet I still have the old ones showing up in Cubase but which are not being replaced by the new ones.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 10:46:44 pm »
So you have looked in all the locations, that cubase is reading in search for plugins?
I don't have Cubase. Can you reset the plugin list and then rescan? Be sure the old plug-ins are not on the list, when you rescan.
Does cubase have a favorite plugin list or similar, that may have the old plugins added and can cause the issue? Just thinking out load.

Have you run a Windows disk clean?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 10:53:37 pm by LBH »

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 11:00:35 pm »
Yes, I have done all of these things. As I said in my original post, the 'old' plugins are no longer in any of the program/plugin folders, they have been replaced with the new ones. However, Cubase for some reason is still referring to the old versions, and is not recognising the new ones that are there. And for some reason, Windows itself is showing the old ones in my PC's App list (as well as the new ones), yet although it gives me the option to uninstall them, when I try to do this i get the error message I quoted earlier.

Please excuse me being sniffy but it's driving me a bit mad. Not least because I'm also dealing with several other issues including trying to get my keyboard's firmware to work with Cubase without the use of Automap... it's all very aggravating!

LBH

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 11:14:05 pm »
It's allways annoying, when something does'nt work.

You mention Automap. As i said in my first post, then those also shall be removed. Are you also sure you have removed the automaps for the old versions? There are Automaps both for the VST2 and for the VST3 versions that has to be deleted.
If you have'nt deleted the automaps manualy, then they are not deleted, and then i believe that's causing the issue.
I also have Novation automap.

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 11:34:56 pm »
I got rid of Automap yesterday because I'm trying out Novation's HUI firmware update for the Impulse keyboard. I've had problems with Automap right from the start and I'll be glad to see the back of it! But yes, again, I got rid of all the Automap files and folders manually yesterday so that is not the issue here.

LBH

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 11:51:08 pm »
That was unfortunate. I still have a feeling this has to do with automap though.
I can also suggest you make a windows's file search for the old plug in names or in example 1973 (for the 1973-pre ), - just in case.
Beside this i think i'm out of ideas.
I can only suggest you contact Arturia support, if the issue continues.

Good luck.

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 11:54:50 pm »
Okay, thanks for trying to help anyway.

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 11:56:07 pm »
I will do your suggestion of doing a file search, but it's too late and i'm too grumpy to do it right now!

martink

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 08:13:07 pm »
Hi everybody!

I have exactly the same issue with Studio One 4.6. (WIN 10)
After I upgraded to the FX Collection both the filters and the preamps cannot be used anymore.
They show up in the vst folder and S1 also found them (only the vst3 version) but once I try to use them (drag and drop or per menu) nothing happens.
I also searched my HDD and deleted dublicated versions but that did not help.
I delete all VST3 versions and just kept the VST2 dll but S1 only finds the VST3 Version, which is still unusable.
Weird, the comps and delays are working.

LBH

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2020, 08:37:29 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I use Studio One 3 on Windows 10.

Studio One (S1) give VST3 priority over VST2 plugins, if they share the same ID like Arturias does. S1 will not show both versions then. To see the VST2 versions you either have to either stop VST3 support in S1 or prevent S1 from reading the plugins in other ways.

Are you sure, S1 read the path for the VST2 plugins you can't see after removing the VST3 versions?
S1 should not find plugins that's not there. Have you restarted S1?

Keep in mind that there is a name change for some plugins.

but once I try to use them (drag and drop or per menu) nothing happens.
If nothing happens, then it must be because the plugins is gone. Again have you restarted S1? And have you tried to rescan?

You say you have searched for duplicates, and found some. Don't you install plugins directly to the folder S1 use? I recommend to do that.
Also does that search mean, that you manually have looked in the folders that S1 read to see if the plugins are there and only one of them? If not, then i suggest you do that.

Perhaps also try to restart Windows.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 08:44:51 pm by LBH »

martink

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2020, 03:50:10 pm »
Hi and thanks for the prompt reply!

Yes, I installed to the folders S1 uses and checked that right in the beginning. I am also aware of the changed spelling of the plugins. I just checked in Cubase and Ableton and I can use the preamps and filter there without any problems (they use the same Vst folders). I think that I was able to use the plugins in a previous version of S1 too but cannot say for sure.

Anyway, I reached for the support now and hope they can help.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines