March 28, 2024, 03:06:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Global Pitch Frequency Fine Tuning/ Microtuning  (Read 3489 times)

mansel

Global Pitch Frequency Fine Tuning/ Microtuning
« on: March 27, 2020, 09:46:34 pm »
Hey so I've been testing out a few plugin suites recently. Kinda been comparing U-he stuff(zebra2) and the V Collection 7/Pigments2.
With this current deal going on I'm really considering getting it. I demoed a bunch of the instruments though including Analog Lab 4. I demoed Pigments a while back but during the deal they had but couldnt pull the trigger at even the sale pricepoint. I'm feeling similar not to the Collection7 sale pricepoint. One gripe is i'm not seeing on alot of these instruments have a global pitch frequency or microtuning option. for a robust suite of tools this seems essential to me. But i've read some other threads where this kind of gets tossed out the window by the devs as not important. I know the Pigments 2 has it which I'm excited about and having been looking for someone to sell it to me for $50 pricepoint.
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=89621.0

Convince me that they will update this soon or that its already there and i'm not seeing it or that it sounds good enough to just by without the option to microtune. lol. Also I have a seller willing to go lower than the upgrade price in my account. Does anyone know how secondhand purchases are treated by Arturia. Is it a full license able to be sold in future as well; and can the individual licenses be sold within the package or does it all have to be sold as one package(like does V collection 7 only sold as bundled) I know with Native Instruments you can sell individual stuff out of the bundle. Alot of these synths probably wouldnt get used by me. But Analog 4 and Pigments sound good to me.

LBH

Re: Global Pitch Frequency Fine Tuning/ Microtuning
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 10:09:06 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Most off the full applications have some kind of master fine tuning for the application.
Please have a look at this thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92576.0

I know with Native Instruments you can sell individual stuff out of the bundle.
You can't sell individual applications in a Native Instrument bundle either. It's one product and one license.
You can sell individual applications, if you have bougth it as a seperate application so it have a seperate license. It's just like Arturias and any other vendors bundles.

Please keep in mind that Analog Lab use presets from the full applications. It's not a synth as such in it self, even if you can tweak a lot.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 10:17:13 pm by LBH »

mansel

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 02:32:40 am »
Ok thank you for the informative reply. I'll keep playing around with them. I realize alot of them are synth emulations.  I wonder if a future update of Analog Lab 4 will somehow allow you to tweak the individual preset sound if you own the instrument of the patch being used. That being said I'll continue to demo and see if this is a good fit for my workflow! Thanks again!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 02:45:57 am »
Your welcome.
I wonder if a future update of Analog Lab 4 will somehow allow you to tweak the individual preset sound if you own the instrument of the patch being used.
That is allready possible. If you own the full individual application a preset come from, then it can be opened inside Analog Lab too.

And Arturias powerful preset system also make it possible to create sounds in the full applications, and then they will appear in Analog Lab too, or you can create presets in Analog Lab, and then the preset will appear in the individual application too, except from the things that's speciel for Analog Lab - like Analog Labs effects and multi functionality. So you don't have twice the work.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:49:33 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines