March 29, 2024, 01:21:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 4 Pages of Matrix Arpeggiator, etc....  (Read 7516 times)

SingleCell

• Apprentice
Re: 4 Pages of Matrix Arpeggiator, etc....
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2020, 12:29:47 am »
I would be thrilled with 4 pages of matrix arp. 16x 1/16th notes is one measure, 32 steps is very nice for music because it is 2x measures, lets you do a variation to your pattern.

There’d be a UI issue of what happens when your pattern advances to the other pages, does it follow? Ignore it and stay on the page? Blink the page light to show which page it’s on?

Yeah, I often find myself using up a precious LFO just to trick the Matrix Arp into sounding like it's a longer pattern than it actually is.  A 16 step pattern can get repetitive very quickly, even when changing chords a lot.

I agree with your idea of having the currently playing page light blink (rather than turning pages automatically) ... so you can edit the Arp while it plays, without it switching pages on you.

Also, thanks for discussing the actual topic of this thread.  It's refreshing.

Sofine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 11:41:37 am »
Since, in the new 2.0 version, those 4 User Modulation buttons now light up, it gave me the idea for using them to switch between pages of the Matrix Arpeggiator.  This could allow for longer patterns, up to 4 pages (64 steps) long. 

Alternately, they could be used for The Sequencer and Matrix Arpeggiator both, to switch between 4 different Sequences on the fly... with all 4 pages being stored with the current patch.

They could also be used to select 4 different banks of Presets, for that matter...

As a relatively new owner / user of the MxB a big (on-topic) +1 for this.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2020, 01:10:50 pm »
Hey guys.

These ideas looks fantastic, but keep in mind that the CPU, RAM, and flash memory are limited  ;D$

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Sofine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2020, 02:05:44 pm »
Hey guys.

These ideas looks fantastic, but keep in mind that the CPU, RAM, and flash memory are limited  ;D$

Edouard

So that's a "YES" then is it?

Just kidding :)

The MxB is wonderful, any additional love for it would be great.

VAU

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2020, 09:48:50 pm »
Hey guys.

Edouard

Synth hardware can be upgraded, right?

STM

• Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2020, 04:15:23 am »
but keep in mind that the CPU, RAM, and flash memory are limited
That got me wondering how much of these resources are already used and how much is still free for new things.
Could you please state how much free KB or MB RAM / flash is left and a estimation of the current CPU usage (in % maybe)?
I'm aware that these numbers won't tell much about the resources and coding effort needed to implement some new stuff and it heavily depends on the 'size' of the feature.

But it would be cool to know anyway  ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines