March 28, 2024, 10:03:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Modded/Hacked Analog Lab 49 for use with other keybed  (Read 5812 times)

JohannW

Modded/Hacked Analog Lab 49 for use with other keybed
« on: March 04, 2015, 06:49:03 pm »
I've attached photos of a hacked (literally, I used a hack saw) for my Arturia Analog Experience keyboard.  Didn't like the keys but loved the integration with the Arturia software. I use a Komplete Kontrol for keys and DAW control and now I have a compact Dedicated Arturia controller that fits beautifully in my setup.

Did this in a couple of hours.  Removed all screws at the bottom, removed keybed and mod wheel assembly, removed end panels.  Used a jigsaw to cut end panels on an angle and then had to cut one small piece of metal used to attach right end panel using a hand held hack saw.  Used black cardboard and electricians tape to enclose the electronics.  So pleased with the results! Sits flat or at an angle.  I left a lip on the front edge so it catches the edge of the desk shelf when on an angle.

Semaphore55

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Modded/Hacked Analog Lab 49 for use with other keybed
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 07:26:22 am »
Nice! I am considering something like this as well.

What did you do with your old Keybed?

JohannW

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 06:10:07 pm »
Tossed it - thought about using it in a sculpture but already have other old keyboards for that.  Had lots of unevenness in the action of the keys so not great for MIDI control ime.

winddealer

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 07:02:47 pm »
This would be a great Arturia Product Controller.  They'd probably sell alot of them.   Trying to use a third party controller like Novation LaunchContol XL isn't very effective because every patch change results in all the CC values changing around.  Your Hacked/Modded version is inspirational.  Thanks for posting it.
KSP, KS, KL61 MkII, VCol7, Faderfox EC4, Peak, Tyros4, Reaper

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines