March 28, 2024, 07:06:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Idiotic verification question: "What is Moog Music's most famous synthesizer ?"  (Read 5201 times)

autopoiesis

Aside from polling the Earth's entire population, how exactly can anyone (including whoever wrote the verification code) establish a verifiably correct answer to this truly cretinous question?

Find the missing ADSR element, OK.  But THAT?  What on earth are you smoking?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
You obviously managed to answer it in order to post your rant. Unfortunately, so do half the world's non English speaking spammers. Have you a better idea or did you just need to have a moan?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

almm

i managed to trip myself up by thinking its the heavily popular 'micromoog' lol

but seriously it seems laborious to keep answering these questions, and probably puts a lot of users off

SolusAsh

• The Mediocre Musician
  • It's As If The Universe Is Holding Its Breath...
    • SoundCloud
I get it for registration. That's fine. But every time you want to make a post? And questions about filters and envelops? I'm fairly new to this whole world of synthesizers, so it's a bit of a pain. There are other effective ways of dealing with spam, as other forums don't have spam, yet don't employ a captcha plus the questions.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
sadly the spammers still have no problem with this process having posted 300 spam posts in just 48 hours. But no one seems to give a fk at the moment.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Thomas P

• Apprentice
I get that u need measures against spam - but the current verification system doesnt work fine and is other than extremely annoying just really laborious at times, especially with no so founded syntesizer knowledge. But what is really annoying that one just can't now how the system wants my answer to be entered....I mean I know what the f****** C scale is and have no doubt I put the right notes. I was NEVER accepted till, after like almost 10 tries, the questions changed. I dont know if it is meant to be entered with a comma seperating the letters, or that it shouldnt be capital letters whatsoever - it never worked.
so frustrating - and this wont only put off spamers, but also users who at some point just prefer not wasting time and energy with this nonsense than posting their serious and honest questions.

ps: another time the system told me I didnt enter the right letters displaced on the picture when I evidently did - something just doesnt go very well here. But thats not the annoying part though, its the rest I mentioned above.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
I hear all that but when spammers are still managing to post 300 spam emails in 48 hours it's obviously not too difficult to get right.

marcel-x

• Apprentice
I hear all that but when spammers are still managing to post 300 spam emails in 48 hours it's obviously not too difficult to get right.

Perhaps you need a professional to keep your software up-to-date?
This forum runs version 2.0.13 released in 2016, while latest version is 2.0.17 released in 2019.

On the SMF website I read:
Be aware that the CAPTCHA has been broken for many years and causes real users more of a headache than the spammers.

Please have a look what has been improved over the years.
https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php/smf_2-0-17_changelog.txt
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Spam_-_my_forum_is_flooded_with_spam,_what_can_I_do
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 01:10:06 pm by marcel-x »

KajelTheSpoon

• Apprentice
I would like to smoke some of whatever they are smoking.  Thank you.

In all seriousness, I agree that it's absolutely annoying.  That being said, Google can be your friend here, even if you are "new to the world of synthesizers" 
I've understood ADSR since I was 10 years old (and I am OLD), but that's just me I suppose.  I'm certainly no expert though (on anything!)  I did have to Google the Moog question... I figured it was probably Minimoog but wanted to make sure. 

* BTW, I'm saying Google above but of course I only use DuckDuckGo.  But you get the idea...

Of course you also have to type the answer the exact way it wants it, even when you have the right answer.  I had that problem with the filter question.  I had to enter it slightly differently on the second try in order for the response to be accepted.

As someone who has run forums before and who has a contact form on my own website, i can also feel some of the pain from the Arturia side here because spam in these types of forums is a huge almost-unmanageable issue.  I also use a simple math question CAPTCHA on my own contact form and so far it seems to do a pretty good job, though of course, some bots can solve this.

The solution to all of this nonsense is to hire (or appoint?) more human moderators that can quickly remove spam and block accounts.  Perhaps Arturia doesn't have resources for this, so maybe they could consider farming that out to some of us users. Maybe give a discount or something in exchange for X hours of forum moderation. Just a suggestion...

More human moderation, less CAPTCHA nonsense! 

spnc

• Apprentice
You obviously managed to answer it in order to post your rant. Unfortunately, so do half the world's non English speaking spammers. Have you a better idea or did you just need to have a moan?

You work for Arturia? They pay you? Or even worse, you built this piece of retarded, moronic **** forum?

Remove the ANNOYING and COMPLEX Captcha for every message we have to write, OMG this is totally UNACCEPTABLE and outdated for a brand like this.

UPGRADE YOUR FORUM USER EXPERIENCE IT SUCKS!

Whoever developed this at Arturia is a degenerate lol

spnc

• Apprentice
sadly the spammers still have no problem with this process having posted 300 spam posts in just 48 hours. But no one seems to give a fk at the moment.

You're making things up. I'm yet to see any spammers on this website.

THIS MUST BE THE ONLY MUSIC EQUIPMENT COMPANY IN THE WORLD WITH SUCH INCREDIBLY RETARDED WEB ACCESSIBILITY GUIDELINES.

Why would Arturia be subject to spamming and not 99 other companies? Just hire a community manager FFS

Just go watch Elektron or any other decent company forum, it's a mile apart from this piece of **** forum.

But I guess having a forum created in 1985 is pretty much in line with rest of Arturia's website, software center, keystep pro full of bugs, manuals not being updated...

Seriously this company is so badly managed internally it's beyond my understanding. Time to move on from the amateur world to professional standards.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Hello.
A new forum is in the pipeline and will come up to the daylight this year.
Until then, I'd appreciate if you could keep a decent language, please.
Best
Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

RachVici

Excuse me, can I ask what music you listen to and where you download it?

nastudley

I usually listen to entirely different genres of music. My choice depends on my current mood. When I'm sad, I listen to lyrical and classical music. On the contrary, I listen to cheerful and upbeat tracks when I'm in a good mood. I am constantly looking for new music evaluating its melody and lyrics content. I usually listen to music at various music venues and on the app. I have a subscription to an app to listen to tracks and download them for offline listening. It's also where I create my playlist with my favorite songs. When I'm looking for new stuff, I go to different sites on the Internet. I like it when I can find the newest albums. Usually, there are some great songs that I like.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 01:22:45 pm by nastudley »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines