March 28, 2024, 10:48:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49 with Cubase 10 Transport Control  (Read 2104 times)

funkyant

• Apprentice
Keylab 49 with Cubase 10 Transport Control
« on: February 21, 2020, 10:43:57 am »
Can I use the Mackie HUI mode to control Cubase with the keylab 49 black edition? I can't seem to locate that option anywhere.

I can get it sorta kinda working with MMC, but the loop function doesn't work and I'd like to change the << and >> buttons to locators instead of scrubbing. Also the Leds on the keylab Transport don't follow what Cubase is doing.

Windows 10, Cubase 10.5

LBH

Re: Keylab 49 with Cubase 10 Transport Control
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 06:17:29 pm »
Can I use the Mackie HUI mode to control Cubase with the keylab 49 black edition?  I can't seem to locate that option anywhere.
You haev posted in the forum for old keylabs, do you have a new version of the controllers like Essential or MKII?
Can the old controllers do anything else?  The new Keykabs can use both HUI and MCU and can afaik be changed in Arturias Midi Control Center (MCC).

I can get it sorta kinda working with MMC, but the loop function doesn't work and I'd like to change the << and >> buttons to locators instead of scrubbing.
Do you mean MCC? I'm not sure you can change functionality for the buttons at least in the HUI/ MCU mode.

I'm not a having a Keylab yet, and i don't use cubase. So i'm not the best to answer your questions. Just wondered if you have a old or new controller. Perhaps changes for answers from other users are a little better in the correct forum, if you have a new controller.
You can allways ask Arturia support.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 06:19:29 pm by LBH »

funkyant

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 07:16:17 pm »
I have the original Keylab 49 Black Edition. Not the MkII.

I mean MMC (MIDI machine control)

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 09:00:18 pm »
I actually had forgot, that the old Keylab only use MMC.

I believe you only have the options, that you can find in MCC. I assume you have the latest firmware, in case new functionality has been added.

funkyant

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 12:03:20 pm »
So the controller I bought bundled with Cubase 8.5 a few years ago (and basically never used until now, so is as new) doesn't work properly with Cubase.

I'm seeing a poor trend with hardware manufacturers these days. Native Instruments also has expensive hardware only a few years old that is now unsupported.

I'm definitely considering manufacturers track records for future purchases.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines