April 25, 2024, 02:29:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mod Wheel affects LFO amounts in certain presets even when it's not patched in  (Read 1426 times)

benyig

• Apprentice
Hello,

In certain presets that I created, the Mod Wheel affects the LFO1 and LFO2 amount when it's not even patched in on the Mod Matrix, including the hidden extra columns that came with the 2.0 firmware update. The LED lights all work fine.

The only issue that I suspect could be connected to this behaviour is that the MIDI Control Center keeps prompting me to upgrade to the latest (870) firmware even after having done so successfully for a few times now. But I hope it's just a glitch in the PC software.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 12:44:54 pm by benyig »

SingleCell

• Apprentice
Just to be sure, the Mod Wheel setting in the WHEELS section of the panel (lower left corner) isn't set to LFO 1 Amt, is it?  That's one legit way the Mod Wheel can change LFO 1 Amount without using the matrix.  You probably know this, but I had to ask.

benyig

• Apprentice
Wow, this is embarrassing...  :-[ I have completely forgotten about that setting. I only got the synth a week ago so please forgive my stupidity for now. With this glitch in the firmware update, I was stuck thinking that something had to be wrong.

Thanks for helping me out!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
...The only issue that I suspect could be connected to this behaviour is that the MIDI Control Center keeps prompting me to upgrade to the latest (870) firmware even after having done so successfully for a few times now. But I hope it's just a glitch in the PC software.
Yes, it's a glitch in the latest MCC. If you have installed firmware 2.0 already, just decline the 870 update (870 is the minor version number in the 2,0 update file).

benyig

• Apprentice
...The only issue that I suspect could be connected to this behaviour is that the MIDI Control Center keeps prompting me to upgrade to the latest (870) firmware even after having done so successfully for a few times now. But I hope it's just a glitch in the PC software.
Yes, it's a glitch in the latest MCC. If you have installed firmware 2.0 already, just decline the 870 update (870 is the minor version number in the 2,0 update file).

Thank you!

SingleCell

• Apprentice
Wow, this is embarrassing...  :-[ I have completely forgotten about that setting. I only got the synth a week ago so please forgive my stupidity for now. With this glitch in the firmware update, I was stuck thinking that something had to be wrong.

Thanks for helping me out!

Truth is, I never touch that button, as it's mostly redundant with the matrix (except LFO 1 Vib, I guess), as well as being tucked away in the corner.  Very easy to forget it's there.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 01:28:07 am by SingleCell »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines