April 20, 2024, 10:08:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A lot of crackling with 'Better Than Guitars' patch  (Read 1452 times)

HDMF

A lot of crackling with 'Better Than Guitars' patch
« on: February 08, 2020, 06:38:32 am »
I really like the sound of this patch but it crackles like crazy on fairly basic chord progressions or lead runs.
I tried increasing polyphony from the default, but that didn't make a difference. I'm using the VST3 in Reaper, Windows 10 AMD Ryzen 7200 8-core 3.2ghz, 16gb RAM.
Tested the VST version and same result.

LBH

Re: A lot of crackling with 'Better Than Guitars' patch
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 01:50:15 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Is that preset from a soundpack? I don't have, but it can sound like you are overloading a CPU core, if the crackles is'nt a part of the sound. What's your soundcard settings? Samplerate and buffer settings.
Have you checked your windows ressource manager and and monitored each of the CPU cores, to see if one of them are overloaded?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 01:52:05 pm by LBH »

HDMF

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 02:54:23 am »
I'm using a Line 6 Helix as my audio interface - Buffer 480, 48000hz.
It's part of the Synthwave 2085 pack. Weirdly it seems to have come right after a couple of reboots. .
Although I did find there's a bug in it when set to MPE mode where if 6 notes get held it locks up making a loud buzz until the panic button is hit.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 03:44:40 am »
Please answer all the questions, if i shall have a chance to help you troubleshoot. It's very important to know, if a single CPU core is overloaded. Please keep in mind, that a overload of a single core does'nt shoow in the total CPU usage meter.
Which CPU do you use? Full name please.

Which driver are you using for your Helix and why is the buffer set to 480 and not ie 512 samples?
I understand the soundcard is integrated in the Helix board.

Are you sure there is'nt any input or output that is over 0db?

Is the preset you mention the only one, where you have this issues? It would be easier to check, if you could mention a factory preset to check out.

What's the Playmode setting for the preset? Full name.
Do you have a MPE controller?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 03:48:42 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines