March 28, 2024, 01:24:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: trouble connecting MicroFreak to computer & MIDI Control Center Issues  (Read 10715 times)

olkraussgo

• Apprentice
Ive looked everywhere, EVERYWHERE but here for a solution to this problem. I have a Microfreak I bought last month and I have not been able to connect it to my computer. I have a USB cable connected to my laptop (Windows 10) (which is always connected to the charger), I have tried different USB connections but none work. My settings under "Bluetooth & other devices" always says that the "Driver is unavailable" for the Arturia Microfreak.  I have checked it in on the Device Manager under "Sound, video and game controllers" to see if the computer recognized the driver and it says that the microfreak is "working properly."
I have connected the microfreak to the MIDI on Ableton, but the noise from the synth will not transmit to the computer. Ableton will recognize the keys being touched when I drag a preset for MIDI onto the work area, but the noise from the microfreak will not transmit.
I have tried different software such as Reaper but a similar issue is still there.

I have tried to update the firmware for Microfreak 2.0.3, but the MIDI Control Center always crashes when I press "OK" under the "Download Successful" screen.

CC4

• Beta-testers
Re: trouble connecting MicroFreak to computer & MIDI Control Center Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 02:19:01 pm »
I'd reinstall the latest MIDI Control Center and then go through these steps:
https://www.arturia.com/faq/installation/firmware-reset-and-detection-of-a-midi-device

(You definitely want the latest firmware).

olkraussgo

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 06:16:53 am »
I'd reinstall the latest MIDI Control Center and then go through these steps:
https://www.arturia.com/faq/installation/firmware-reset-and-detection-of-a-midi-device

(You definitely want the latest firmware).

I tried this, but the problem stays with the USB driver of the Microfreak or my computer  :-\ I just wanna play some music!

Trevor42

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 12:22:16 pm »
are you plugging the usb cable direct into the laptop usb socket?

sometimes it will not work if you use a USB hub.
Juno 6, Poly 61, Casio CZ-1, Moog MF-105M, Digtech Talker, Microfreak, Ipad (AUM), Pianotech, Modular and Ableton.

olkraussgo

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 12:14:45 am »
are you plugging the usb cable direct into the laptop usb socket?

yes

FraIso

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 12:51:44 pm »
Did you get the official MicroFreak driver from the Arturia Midi Control Center? It's pretty likely that windows doesn't find driver per se for your MicroFreak.. And, what about connecting the MicroFreak to pc via MIDI in/out porst, instead of USB? Did you try?

olkraussgo

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 03:18:10 am »
Could you elaborate a bit on the official MicroFreak driver part? Thanks

I’ve tried connecting it through MIDI in/out but I have the same issue.

tiddex

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 10:13:08 pm »
I have the same issue as described above when trying to update the firmware. The Microfreak is connected and found. I have also successfully transferred presets to it.
But as soon as I want to install a firmware-update I can only download it and when I hit "install" the Midi Control Center crashes. No luck with different USB ports.
Also updating my Matrixbrute worked fine.

Windows 10
Microfreak firmware-version:
v1.1.2.390
MCC version:
v1.10.1.1411

Gnomerod

This question may sound silly but you're saying you have the Microfreak connected to the PC via USB and you can send midi with the keyboard but you don't hear any sound... is the microfreak's audio output connected to your interface at all? There's no mention of it so if it's not, of course you won't hear anything. The microfreak doesn't send audio via USB

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines