March 29, 2024, 03:30:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Moving patches from SEM V to iSEM???  (Read 3885 times)

cmcsax

• Apprentice
Moving patches from SEM V to iSEM???
« on: February 05, 2020, 11:49:48 pm »
Hi Folks
A friend made a bank of sounds in SEM V and the product page says that patches are transferable between iSEM and SEM V through iTunes file sharing.  I've made a number of attempts to transfer the patches but they aren't showing up on the iSEM app.  What am i missing?

Connect iPad
Open iTunes, click File Sharing
Select iSEM - Click Add button to select file to import
Choose file
Press Sync at bottom window

I've tried it with the app running and with it closed.  I've tried it with the file extension he sent .semx and I've tired it with .obsx - No results either way.  Any ideas? Thanks
CMC

LBH

Re: Moving patches from SEM V to iSEM???
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 12:32:01 am »
HI,

According to this: https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/oberheim-sem-v - then SEM V2 is  "Now compatible with iSEM Preset export/import".

cmcsax

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 04:48:11 am »
Hi
Yes, I saw that.  So I'm wondering how to do it since the manual is pretty thin on instructions.  I tried multiple times to get the patches in there through iTunes file transfer but they aren't showing up. Do you have an idea how to move the patches into the iSEM app?  Thanks

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 01:39:19 pm »
I don't have iSem. I assume the above means just like it say, that you now can use the import and export. That to me mean not you don't have to use iTunes, but the applications own import and export features.
The import and export is in SEM V to be found in the menu of the application. I assume it's the same with iSEM.
You can read about SEM Vs import and export in the  SEM V manual.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines