April 25, 2024, 05:33:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep plays Keystep in Double Time?  (Read 583 times)

Jeronimo

Beatstep plays Keystep in Double Time?
« on: February 05, 2020, 11:18:53 pm »
Hi People!

I need some help regarding my midi sync problems.

I use a BSP as master and send clock via MIDI OUT to the MIDI IN of my Keystep. I enable MIDI THRU in the MCC of my keystep and send via MIDI OUT the signal to my splitter which is connected to 3 synths and 1 drummachine.

My idea was to sequence the 3rd synth and let it run paralel to the BSP patterns.

Unfortunately everything what i record on the Keystep is on double time. I also dont know why every sequence on the Keystep i record and then play begins on the 1st step even though i played it differently.

Any idea how to solve that?

I can provide you with more concrete informations if needed and can post a screenshot of my MCC setting on each device. So far Keystep and Beatstep are set on the MCC on "1Step Clock).

PS:
I am not using any volca machine. I understood that the different step per pulse rate is the reason for the double time. I basically dont know how to enable the correct clock mode.

The 3 Synths i want to play are a Roland D50, a Bass Station 2 and a jp8 boutique. They dont have any gate inputs like the roland stuff ..

I would be so thankful about any advice!
Thanks!

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Beatstep plays Keystep in Double Time?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 11:23:25 am »
How did you get along?  Did you figure it out in the end?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines