March 28, 2024, 03:06:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Patch names not showing on display when Analog Lab running as VST in Ableton  (Read 2539 times)

adrianmaule

• Apprentice
The scenario:

A: When using KeyLab MK2 61 with Analog Lab 4 as a standalone the display will show categories and patch names on the display, as advertised.

B: When using KeyLab MK2 61 with Analog Lab 4 as a VST within Ableton, the display only shows "2 - Analog Lab 4" on the top line...that's the name of the Abletontrack...and although Analog Lab mode is enabled, and the big knob will affect the category, instrument, and patch in Analog Lab 4...the respective category, instrument, and patch doesn't show on the second line as in scenario A.

How do I get KeyLab MK2 to show the category, instrument, and patch on its display when used as a VST in Ableton Live?

KeyLab MK2 Firmware: 1.1.3
Ableton Live 10 Suite version: 10.1.7
Analog Lab 4 version: 4.1.1.3554
Operating System: Windows 10 build 18362.592
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 01:28:29 pm by adrianmaule »

Freakoid

• Apprentice
Same problem for me.

Freakoid

• Apprentice
I’ve found out : You have to switch off all the Keylab mk2 port 2 in the midi section.

adrianmaule

• Apprentice
Nope, that didn't fix the issue for me.  Can you be more explicit in your answer? 

Freakoid

• Apprentice
[/url][/img]

adrianmaule

• Apprentice
Thank you .  This worked.  I do have to be patient when waiting for the initial delay of the display, as well as when switching from the other modes i.e. DAW, User

gratefulcubs@gmail.com

I'm having the same problem the posters above were having.

I am on the latest versions of Ableton, Analog Lab, and 1.1.3 firmware for the Mkii. 
LIVE is configured as the DAW in the MCC.
I have configured the control surface in DAW for the KeyLab Mkii to be PORT 2 for both INPUT and OUTPUT.

For the Midi section, I have turned all input and outputs off other than TRACK for KeyLab Mkii.   Everything is turned off for PORT 2 for both in and output.

When in analog lab mode using the VST3 plugin, the display never shows anything but "Analog Lab 4".  Doesn't show me category or preset names, nor does it show me Analog Lab encorder or fader values when I modify them.

I'd appreciate any debugging help!

gratefulcubs@gmail.com

EDIT:   SOLVED!

I was using a cheap 20 ft USB cable.  I bought a new shorter one and zero problems at all. 

----------------

This is still an issue for me.

In fact, not only does the Analog Lab mode not display presets and filters etc on the MKii display---- it won't control them at all. 

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:25:17 pm by gratefulcubs@gmail.com »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines