March 29, 2024, 01:37:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: User Mode: Fader and Encoder Patch Change Mode Support  (Read 1609 times)

winddealer

User Mode: Fader and Encoder Patch Change Mode Support
« on: February 01, 2020, 07:22:21 pm »
Greetings,

This request relates to a feature request for the User Mode of operation (without a computer or external midi translator device).

For Keylab MKII, to date all pads and buttons support a single patch change using the Program Change Mode. 
Perhaps this is by design due to the midi specification not supporting patch changes via CC commands which faders and encoders use.   

Perhaps while in User Mode, a means of exposing and permitting the use of Arrow keys (near the knob) to increment or decrement within a configured bank (via button or pad) would be possible?

Or maybe with custom code it's possible for the MKII to assign C0 patch change messages using existing faders or encoders?
That would be even better.

Gratefully
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 10:56:26 pm by winddealer »
KSP, KS, KL61 MkII, VCol7, Faderfox EC4, Peak, Tyros4, Reaper

diehard

• Apprentice
Re: User Mode: Fader and Encoder Patch Change Mode Support
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 05:10:16 pm »
Yes, this should absolutely be supported.I just changed from Akai MPK249 (which is awesome) to Keylab 88 MkII because I needed more keys, but I am very surprised to find out that I can't put program change on the knobs or faders :O

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines