April 19, 2024, 04:51:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Out clock sync doesn't work when using Sync In cable  (Read 1115 times)

Gesvus

• Apprentice
MIDI Out clock sync doesn't work when using Sync In cable
« on: January 31, 2020, 08:45:27 am »
I used the MIDI Control Center to set MIDI clock source to "sync" and am using a sync cable. This works fine in pre v2.0 Matrixbrute.

Now when I try to send clock to other devices using MIDI Out cable, it doesn't work. I'm guessing this is a 'no mix and match' thing, but not sure why.

Is there a way currently?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: MIDI Out clock sync doesn't work when using Sync In cable
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 04:32:44 pm »
I assume that you're using the MxB as a sync slave here, with "MIDI Sync" set to "On" (the "MIDI Sync" label is a bit misleading since it also syncs to the "Sync" input). When the MxB is a sync slave it will not transmit any sync itself. AFAIK, this is the same for most (all?) synths. If you want to sync several devices to one master, it's best to connect all slaves directly to the master (using MIDI through to daisy chain devices is also fine for this).

If you have a mixed MIDI clock and analog sync setup, you need a master capable of sending both. E.g. the MatrixBrute can do this.

Gesvus

• Apprentice
Re: MIDI Out clock sync doesn't work when using Sync In cable
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 07:18:00 pm »
Yes I'm using the Matrixbrute as a sync slave and receiving clock via sync cable with "MIDI Sync" button set on (button should probably be named "Ext Sync").

I'm probably expecting too much from the already brilliant Matrixbrute, but I would like it to now pass clock to another device via MIDI.

Looks like the E-RM Multiclock can receive analog sync and then send it via MIDI so I might be getting that and put it in charge.

Thanks for your response.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:28:55 pm by Gesvus »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines