April 25, 2024, 05:12:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Clock send from Matrix Brute?  (Read 2178 times)

aljen

• Apprentice
MIDI Clock send from Matrix Brute?
« on: January 30, 2020, 07:43:20 am »
Hello,

you may call me a rookie or tell me to RTFM, but hey, I have not found an answer in the manual nor elsewhere:

How do I set my MatrixBrute to send the MIDI clock?

(Start/stop would be fine, too, but not necessary.)

Everything I want just is to drive my DrumBrute as "slave" to MatrixBrute (not the other way).

As for now, Matrix Brute sends only MIDI notes to the DrumBrute, which is exactly what I do not need.

In the case the answer actually stands in the manual, just naming the chapter would be welcome. In any case, any hints are highly appreciated.

T.i.a.!
Alexander

standingwave

Re: MIDI Clock send from Matrix Brute?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 02:07:45 pm »
 You can change MIDI clock mode from slave to master in either the MIDI Control Center settings or in settings mode on the hardware itself ( to find info about this, look at OS 2.o addendum. )

For what you want to do, the Matrixbrute should be set to "master" and drumbrute should be set to "slave"
 Cheers.

aljen

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 08:45:31 am »
Hello, and thank you for your answer – even several long months later.

To be honest, it didn't really help me, because I really do not see any MIDI Clock Slave/Master settings at Matrixbrute – not in the Midi Control Center, not in the Hardware matrix, not in the 2.x manual addendum.

All I can set is the MIDI Clock Source /(Row D in the Mod Matrix) to INT, CLK, USB, or MIDI. This controls just where the MIDI clock signals come in to control the Matrixbrute itself, if I get it right.

Could you tell me where I am making a mistake, if I do?

Still not knowing what to do

Greetings, Alex

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 01:06:57 pm »
The Slave/Master selection is done with the MIDI Sync button. When it is On, the MxB is a sync slave and will listen for a clock stream from the source you selected with "MIDI Clock Source" (set to MIDI in your case).

Whenever the MIDI Sync button is Off, the MxB is a sync Master, meaning that it will send a clock stream on the "Sync Out" jack and the selected MIDI Output (All, USB, MIDI).

Edit: Forgot to mention, thinking of your first posting - the "Sequencer/Arp Sends Notes" setting in the MCC (or on board settings mode since 2.0) can be set Off to prevent notes to be sent from the sequencer.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 10:09:56 pm by DrJustice »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines