March 28, 2024, 06:50:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sustain pedal Malfunction (random midi values when pressed-released 0,127)  (Read 1464 times)

IKK

• Apprentice
Hello everyone, my first post ever here.
All me 3 sustain pedals don't work properly with my mkii 61 (Maudio x2 , Yamaha).
When i press it some times the value stays at 127 and when i press it multiple times it acts randomly 0 or 127 and some times properly.
Any ideas?
latest firmware,tried with all modes,DAW,Analog lab mode,User mode all presets, default and custom (midi control center).
Thanks in advance!

LBH

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Are you aware that a application and a preset can be set to react differently or not at all to the sustain pedal?
Which presets do you mean?

Not sure about the random values though. How are you settings in Midi Control Center for the sustain pedal?
Does the controller match how your pedal work?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 08:02:58 pm by LBH »

IKK

• Apprentice
Thank you for your fast reply!
"Are you aware that a application and a preset can be set to react differently or not at all to the sustain pedal?
Which presets do you mean?"
Yes, thank you.I have been using software for music production and VSTs for many years already.
My reference concerning your question is the presets from the Arturia midi center that an individual might setup.
on the screen of the mkii you can see the values that the sustain pedal issending.
There is no issue with the sustain pedal(s) i tried them with other keyboards and function properly.

LBH

Your welcome. I'm not sure we understand each other.

I don't have a Arturia controller yet. I have MCC. Each User preset in MCC can have it's own settings, so be sure you set them like you wish.
How are your settings for the Sustain pedal in your MCC for any mode and MCC preset you use?
Mode: Switched Control
Option: Gate
Channel: User
CC Number: 64 - Sustain
Off Value: 0
On Value: 127
?
(If your pedal has a reversed polarity for Keylab, then the on and off value should be the other way around i believe.)

If so, then i would think it's about
1. the settings you have in a sound preset
2. a compatibilty issue between you pedals and your Keylab.
like i meant in my previous post, or about
3. a hardware failure of some kind

IKK

• Apprentice
Thanks again for your reply!

Mode: Switched Control
Option: Gate
Channel: User
CC Number: 64 - Sustain
Off Value: 0
On Value: 127
?

-Yes to all the above.

(If your pedal has a reversed polarity for Keylab, then the on and off value should be the other way around i believe.)

-Both polarities work (normal and reverse)

If so, then i would think it's about

1. the settings you have in a sound preset
-All software i use are checked for polarity issues, all works fine with my other controlles.

2. a compatibilty issue between you pedals and your Keylab.
like i meant in my previous post, or about

-Possibly, with doubt though since i have 3 sustain pedals. its a long shot for all 3 to not be compatible.

3. a hardware failure of some kind

-Possibly, cannot confirm unless taken back to the store for check up i guess :(

LBH

Does the sustain pedal(s) work correct, when you use a Factory Piano V sound preset in Analog Lab?
If not or if it's random, and the pedal settings is correct, then it could look like a hardware failure of some kind.
But you could also try a factory reset of your Keylab like described in the manual. I suggest you read the manual about this before you do it, so you don't loose anything.

If it work with the Piano V sound, then there is nothing wrong. Then it's most likely about 1, if not the settings i listed is wrong.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 01:45:49 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines