March 29, 2024, 03:06:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SAVING and RECALLING DRUM MAPS  (Read 971 times)

neal beard

• Apprentice
SAVING and RECALLING DRUM MAPS
« on: December 03, 2019, 03:04:31 pm »
Hello all,

I have a variety of different drum machines that I like to use with my BSP.

But is there any way to save and recall drum maps? As far as I can work out, every time I program a new map in MCC using global parameters, I lose the old one. And this is losing me time, and patience!

And why does is have to be global? Why not per-project?

Any tips appreciated...  :)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: SAVING and RECALLING DRUM MAPS
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 02:06:53 am »
No there isn't a way to save and swap between drum maps besides remembering (or writing down/making a text doc with) what your different drum kit maps are and manually changing them when you want to swap.  It would be nice to have a drum map per project, I agree.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

wpostma

• Apprentice
Re: SAVING and RECALLING DRUM MAPS
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 05:21:35 am »
Wow I didn't even find the MCC global preferences section to set the drum map note numbers until today.

I set up the CONTROLLER map so the pad1-pad16 midi notes are now my drum notes.  Then to get the DRUM mode to work I have to work out what midi NOTE NUMBER instead of NOTE NAME corresponds to what I programmed te CONTROLLER MODE for. Then I have to paste all the numbers into the PREFERENCE section to alter the drum sequencer.

The ability to LOAD the PREFERENCES for the PADs NOTE NUMBERS from the CONTROLLER note numbers, and AT LEAST the ability to save presets in the MCC and save those presets and export them to disk would be nice also.

it's like Arturia didn't think anyone would actually use this drum sequencer to sequence, you know, drums.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 05:27:24 am by wpostma »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines