April 19, 2024, 10:26:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI specification  (Read 1135 times)

denoiser

MIDI specification
« on: January 24, 2020, 11:31:08 pm »
Hi all,

after going trought numerous posts and docs, i couln't find any mention of midi/sysex implementation for any Arturia's devices.

I found that users of Arturia's products who want to know more, are using tools to read/reverse and try to understand what is to be free and open by license agreement between Arturia and Midi association.

Please have a minute and read what Midi specification (page 66) says:
System Exclusive messages:
To avoid conflicts with non-compatible Exclusive messages, a specific ID number is granted to manufacturers of MIDI instruments by the MMA or  JMSC.  By agreement between the MMA and JMSC when an ID number is given, the Exclusive format  which is used under that ID number must be published within one year. "Published", in this context, means not only utilizing the format, but also printing the information in the product's owner's  manual and/or technical materials published by the manufacturer. This is consistent with one of the fundamental purposes of MIDI, which is to publicize information and foster compatibility.

In other words manufacturer has obligation to publish it's midi/sysex implementation in one year after releasing specific product.
Could someone direct me where can i find this info table for all Arturia's products?

Greets
d
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:32:44 pm by denoiser »

LBH

Re: MIDI specification
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 04:48:51 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Arturias products use midi learn. Some Midi CC are reserved for certain tasks. You can read both in the manual.
DX7 V and CZ V can import sysex presets, as you also can read in the manuals.

What more informations do you need - and for what?

What's going on inside the applications coding i think is reserved for programming.

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines