April 20, 2024, 04:03:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Some features I would love in this already great synth  (Read 1680 times)

nunoaudio

• Apprentice
Some features I would love in this already great synth
« on: January 24, 2020, 04:47:36 pm »
* More then 8/1 division on LFO and Functions, incredibly useful (Very useful for long build ups, for longs atmos sounds etc)

* The ability to use Engine 2 Osc as FM source. Can add so many different timbres to the sound (as in Serum)

* Some sort of Morphing ability for the wavetables, this opens up a work of sonic possibilities (as in Icarus)

* If these morphing abilities happen, a phaser that would modulate the wavetable particles (not as a hole but individual slices) then wow, dream come true synth (as in Harmor from Fruity loops)

for me, with these 3 things it would be this synth my 1 go to synth.
Still have to use others... but hopefully Arturia can consider these features
Cheers!

LBH

Re: Some features I would love in this already great synth
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 05:31:29 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

* More then 8/1 division on LFO and Functions, incredibly useful (Very useful for long build ups, for longs atmos sounds etc)
Pigments also have the Hertz setting for longer cycles. Very long cycles. But yes the synced is max 8/1.

* The ability to use Engine 2 Osc as FM source. Can add so many different timbres to the sound (as in Serum)
All Pigments synth engines has a modulator OSC with many possibilities.

* Some sort of Morphing ability for the wavetables, this opens up a work of sonic possibilities (as in Icarus)
Pigments allready does have a wavetable morph feature. Just actiavate it.

* If these morphing abilities happen, a phaser that would modulate the wavetable particles (not as a hole but individual slices) then wow, dream come true synth (as in Harmor from Fruity loops)
You can allready modulate the wavetable position with any modulator.
Not sure what you mean with particles and slices, but the sample modules in Pigments has a granular section. Is that what you mean?

Can you please be more specific and precise, in what you are missing?

Cheers

EDIT: I've just have a quick look at FL Studio Harmor. It look like it's a additive / subtractive synthesizer. So perhaps you mean partials and not particles?
Pigments is'nt an additive synth with partials editing as such. It can use many differently tuned soundsources though.
Arturias Synclavier can do additive synthesis and resynthesis. Also CMI V can. Farfisa V have some additive synthesis possibilities.
An additive synthesis module in Pigments would be welcome. But a way to create waveforms and wavetables would in my view be better. Pigments can allready import audio files and create a wavetable from the imported file.
Harmor is'nt a wavetable synth as such, even if it in it's own way can use informations from imported wavetables it look like.
What you suggest when you mention Harmor can allready be done by Pigments sample and granular module, it look like to me as harmor apparantly use wavetable converted to audio. EDIT END
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 09:09:11 pm by LBH »

nunoaudio

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 05:40:08 pm »
Thank you for the detailed reply to my post! Amazing

Quote from: nunoaudio on January 24, 2020, 04:47:36 pm
Pigments also have the Hertz setting for longer cycles. Very long cycles. But yes the synced is max 8/1.

- Yep, I can do with the hertz feat. no problem.  Just faster to have it in SYNC if it would be possible.  But not a big issue

All Pigments synth engines has a modulator OSC with many possibilities.

- Yes absolutely! And they are great and sound super good! I guess it would just amplify the sonic capabilities if you would FM any waveform with another any waveform, but you are correct the FM capabilities on Pigments 2 are already amazing, one of the reasons why I bought it (plus the very intuitive way to use it)

Pigments allready does have a wavetable morph feature. Just actiavate it.

- What I meant by this, wasn't a way that the wavetable morphs from 1 wavform to another, but more as in external morphing capability (if you check out icarus Morph knob and different Morph functions you can see what I mean).  But I guess that is part of the Mods on Pigments? But yes, just something that makes me still go to icarus is this morph function. Can get some very cool glassy sounds. 

You can allready modulate the wavetable position with any modulator.
Not sure what you mean with particles and slices, but the sample modules in Pigments has a granular section. Is that what you mean?

-- Yes correct, partials... and sorry Pigments not being an additive synth probably is not an option.  I was able to do some really outwordly sounds with Harmor because if I'm not mistaken the phaser it has, works inside the partials of the waveforms, sounds very different then a normal phaser.  A random Lfo on it just makes for some crazy organic spacey sounds.

But as I mentioned, pigments is my favorite synth at the moment! I'm super happy to own it, and every day I use it I love it more and more!
Thanks so much for developing this awesome sound design tool  :) You guys rock!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 07:39:29 pm »
- What I meant by this, wasn't a way that the wavetable morphs from 1 wavform to another, but more as in external morphing capability (if you check out icarus Morph knob and different Morph functions you can see what I mean).  But I guess that is part of the Mods on Pigments? But yes, just something that makes me still go to icarus is this morph function. Can get some very cool glassy sounds. 
As i wrote, then you can modulate the wave table morph position. You can use any Pigments modulator for that.
And there are other waveform modulation possibilities in Pigments. I would say many is what would be called morph in some features in Icarus. But in Pigments you can ads more at a time.
Keep in mind you also have he possibilities the Sample and granular module offer.
But do you mean Tone2's exclusive synthesis method Harmonic-Content-Morphing (HCM), when you mention morphing? No doubt Tone2s synths have many technical possibilities.

In relation to your OSC2 FM suggestion:
I would like to be able to use the full output from the 2 Engines as modulation sources and not just for FM but also for filter modulation and other things like being able to use the output as a or for a envelope follower modulator for any parameter.

EDIT:
Would this suggestions cover what you would like?:
1. Longer Sync cycle than 8/1 for Pigmments modulators.
2. Add the ability to use the full output from the 2 Engines as modulation sources for FM, for filter modulation and all other things like being able to use the output as a or for a new envelope follower modulator for any parameter.
3. Add Additive synthesis modules to Pigments Engines.
4. Add something like Tone2s HCM (Harmonic Content Modulation) synthesis modules in Pigments Engines.
EDIT END

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 08:41:57 pm by LBH »

nunoaudio

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 06:47:21 pm »
" EDIT:
Would this suggestions cover what you would like?:
1. Longer Sync cycle than 8/1 for Pigmments modulators.
2. Add the ability to use the full output from the 2 Engines as modulation sources for FM, for filter modulation and all other things like being able to use the output as a or for a new envelope follower modulator for any parameter.
3. Add Additive synthesis modules to Pigments Engines.
4. Add something like Tone2s HCM (Harmonic Content Modulation) synthesis modules in Pigments Engines.
EDIT END "

Yes absolutely!! That about sums it up ;)
Thanks for your time in replying!  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines