April 19, 2024, 06:56:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audio out of VCA out  (Read 1656 times)

Bepislesnack

• Apprentice
Audio out of VCA out
« on: January 22, 2020, 03:02:47 pm »
Hey there,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me get audio straight out of my Minibrute 2s’ VCA out? I’m running the noise generator into the VCA in, and using an envelope generator to control the noise by patching it into the VCA section’s CV input. When I plug the VCA out straight into the Minibrute’s ‘master’ or ‘ext’ ins, I get audio just fine - however, I would like to go straight out of the VCA out into my interface so that I can mix the noise separately from the rest of my signal. I’ve tried this using a mono 3.5mm to 1/4 inch cable, but for some reason it didn’t work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Worldsday

• Apprentice
Re: Audio out of VCA out
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 12:14:06 am »
I’ve tried this using a mono 3.5mm to 1/4 inch cable, but for some reason it didn’t work.
Can you explain what happens when you try this? Be careful because your patch bay signals are much hotter than a regular line audio signal. I don't know if this can damage an interface, but you might want to run the VCA output through one of the attenuators before sending the signal directly to your interface. Does the same cable + interface port work with other things?

Bepislesnack

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 05:34:10 am »
I’ve tried this using a mono 3.5mm to 1/4 inch cable, but for some reason it didn’t work.
Can you explain what happens when you try this? Be careful because your patch bay signals are much hotter than a regular line audio signal. I don't know if this can damage an interface, but you might want to run the VCA output through one of the attenuators before sending the signal directly to your interface. Does the same cable + interface port work with other things?

Thanks for your reply! Usually when I do this I get no signal at all, except for occasionally when the cable is kind of halfway out of the Brute's VCA out. The cable does work with other instruments - I usually use it to get signal out of a Roland JU06. My interface ports are also all working. Will definitely make sure I run through one of the attenuators from now in too.

selig

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 07:01:14 pm »
It's totally working here: Noise to VCA In, VCA Out to Zoom Mixer.
Maybe it's something to do with the envelope part, as I'm not using any CV input to test the basic functionality.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines