March 28, 2024, 08:44:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Matrixbrute tips and tricks #1 - Hacking CV modulations  (Read 2630 times)

MGsynth

Matrixbrute tips and tricks #1 - Hacking CV modulations
« on: January 19, 2020, 06:36:49 pm »
https://youtu.be/-xbF1vq8G8I

Tell me if you like this approach- trying to keep it as short as possible, so no talking, only showing tricks and subtitles, to explain things while playing!

Routing internal modulations out of CV outs, back to CV ins, extending modulation possibilities, like drone mode, pushing filter cutoffs beyond the scale, or creating looping envelopes that works!

This video is compilation of my own disoveries and some tips i found over the web. I wanted to put everything about that "looped CV modulations" together

endreola

Re: Matrixbrute tips and tricks #1 - Hacking CV modulations
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 09:16:01 pm »
Hello MGsynth,

Thanks for sharing.  Yes, the MxB allows you to “push” the sound boundaries beyond using panel knobs and sliders alone.

Think there’s a couple of threads here that describe the mechanics behind the effects that you  discovered, like this one from DrJustice https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=93565.0 and a bunch more over on GearSluts.

Keep up the good work, figuring out the many facets, nooks and crannies on this beast will take time and I applaud your contribution.

MGsynth

Re: Matrixbrute tips and tricks #1 - Hacking CV modulations
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 09:22:32 pm »
Thank you

Yeah, but i think, those things i showed on the video cannot be pushed or achieved with the mod matrix alone- without the patch cable, at least i tried that (even on the video) with no effect.

Im not trying to say, that im the first who discovered that, just tried to gather all that stuff in one video to explain things in 10 minutes ;)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 09:24:17 pm by MGsynth »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines