April 18, 2024, 10:29:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 4 crashes on Windows 8.1  (Read 2609 times)

cmlc

Analog Lab 4 crashes on Windows 8.1
« on: November 10, 2019, 05:17:15 pm »
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Minilab MK2 and downloaded and installed the software included "ASC", "Midi Control Center" and "Analog Lab 4" on a laptop with Windows 10, and all worked great, I loved all the software synths and I was thinking on upgrading to the full version of it mainly to my main computer that runs on Windows 8.1

I activated a second license (from the 5 that I can use) and installed all the software like I did on the first computer...

And once I launch the Analog Lab 4 it comes with this message from windows "Analog Lab 4.exe has stopped working"
I tried multiple times and uninstalled and installed all again, same thing happened...

This happens on standalone and I cant open it also on Ableton Live (It doesnt shows up on plugins)...

I then installed an older version "Analog Lab 2" from Arturia website and is working great...

Why the Analog Lab 4 dont work?

Can you find if there is a bug to resolve on Windows 8.1 or something?

Thank you very much.

LBH

Re: Analog Lab 4 crashes on Windows 8.1
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 06:16:00 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Are you talking about Analog Lab Lite?

Have you updated your OS and your graphic and other drivers?
Have you run a sfc/ scannow as administrator in windows propmt to if possible find and fix corrupt system files?
Have you made a virus scan?
Have you run a Windows disk clean including for system files?

How excactly have you step by step un- and reinstalled the software? Did you in example restart the PC before reinstalling, as that sometimes can help?

I can't tell if this is about  your Arturia product installer or about your PC.

Just FYI: This is a forum for legacy Analog Lab. There is a Analog Lab 4 forum.
Also please keep in mind, that you can contact Arturia support through your Arturia account.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines