September 18, 2020, 01:29:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V.2.0.3 update SERIOUS BUGS WARNING!  (Read 1266 times)

ShapedNoise

• Hi all!
    • Kirke Godfrey
V.2.0.3 update SERIOUS BUGS WARNING!
« on: January 16, 2020, 08:10:04 pm »
Just updated to V2.0.3 my results so far

LOCAL OFF Completely disables the controls. Filter knobs etc stop working
LOCAL OFF does not send midi out the midi socket regardless of Utility settings.
All controller CCS fail when in local off.
Local OFF not sending arp or Seq midi
TYPE select sometimes fails to select new type and machine locks up for a few seconds
SPICE control totally non functional in Local OFF
If i reenable Local then use spice while running a chord with HOLD, the whole machine plays a note of every octave from low to high then glitches out totally.
I can scroll the TYPE control to the left PAST the Basic waves to a blank screen.
The parameter page goes blank then after i scroll back to Basic…

the list goes ON

Is there a FIX LIST and feature list for the new update ?

ALSO: in the manual:
Program Change Receive - MIDI Program Change commands switch MicroFreak presets. That can be convenient, or you can turn it off to prevent presets from changing when you don't want them to.

WHERE is this in the MCC?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:59:21 am by ShapedNoise »
Stay Safe.

TinyVince

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: V2 update SERIOUS BUGS WARNING!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 08:52:49 pm »
The sequence starts immediately by syncing via external analog clock and not after press a key or run as loop by pressing the play button and transpose via shift.
I remember me it was not before or a´m i wrong???

ShapedNoise

• Hi all!
    • Kirke Godfrey
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 09:11:07 pm »
Sorry, Im not sure i understand what you mean.  :)
Stay Safe.

TinyVince

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 09:31:09 pm »
Simply check it. Choose a preset with a sequence ready to use. Now route a clock in to the syncIn port backside.The result the sequence start at the same time a clock comes in. Not before by pressing a key and transpose or press a key and the play button at least. Now as loop and transpose via shift.
Maybe am wrong but am of the opinion it was before not the same.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:54:13 pm by TinyVince »

ShapedNoise

• Hi all!
    • Kirke Godfrey
Re: V.2.0.3 update SERIOUS BUGS WARNING!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 03:15:48 am »
Sorry, I don't have a clock other than the USB IN I sequence in LOGICX and it sends START commands to the Freak when it hits bar 1 So far that seems to work OK
Stay Safe.

EastVanTony

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 04:22:19 am »
my findings so far:
Local off is a real local off so NO panel controls work beside presets / octave as well as keyboard like on some other synths whereas say a Moog will have just
Local keyboard off so everything works but they keys. On mine it says in a box (local off) when I turn a knob so I guess its working as intended...kinda.

Problem I have found is that as soon as local off is enabled then ALL midi THRU functions are gone. Freak keyboard and arp/sequencer still had output but for people like me who have the freak
in a chain it will not pass from midi in. BUT like OP stated when local off is enabled the "knob send ccs"  function does not send.

I have reverted back to 1.0.5 and midi out/thru works fine again.

The other problems the OP had regarding short lockups and problems when turning type knob to the left I could not replicate on mine.
Here are the version notes:

V 2.0.3
New Features
New oscillator type : Noise
Chord Mode : Hold Paraphony and press keys to record Chord.
Scale quantization : In Utility settings
Sequencer : Copy Pattern A to Pattern B
Clear all Matrix routings : Shift + long encoder press
Improvements
Added visual feedback when Local Control is OFF
Local Control now handles USB to MIDI Out
Release of previously playing preset is cleared when switching presets
Sequencer : Record LED now blinks on each beat instead of 16ths
Bugfixes
Loading preset while holding Seq now properly loads preset
Superwave Timbre knob now matches
Screensaver now exits with any action
Step-recording a Tied note on the last step doesn't change Step 1
Many external sync improvements
Seq to Arp now properly handled in Random arp mode
Seq to Arp now properly handles velocities
Seq to Arp doesn't shift the arp anymore
No more CC's sent on preset changes

O-li Arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 09:49:06 am »
Hi ShapedNoise,
Can you double check the following settings:
  - MIDI > Local > Off
  - MIDI > Output Chan > "N"
  - MIDI > Input Chan > "N"
  - MIDI > Knob send CCs > On

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 02:02:22 pm »
Hi ShapedNoise and everyone on this board

@ShapedNoise : thanks for having reported this list of issues on fw 2.0.3. I took time to investigate all of these . Here are my findings :

"LOCAL OFF Completely disables the controls. Filter knobs etc stop working"
-> yes this is expected. you may have noticed that when turning knobs "Local OFF" pop-up will be displayed on screen. As stated in the manual on page 92 : "Local off means all the panel controls and the keyboard are transmitted over MIDI, but they're disconnected from the MicroFreak"

"LOCAL OFF does not send midi out the midi socket regardless of Utility settings"
-> Sorry i can't reproduce it . When Local is OFF, using a midi monitor to spy what's going out of MIDI 3.5 port (not USB), i managed to see the outputed CC messages. Of course, it won't work if , by any chance, "knobs send CC" setting is set to OFF.

"All controller CCS fail when in local off"
-> No issue on my side either. As above, and also suggested by O-li Arturia, a double check on "knobs send CCs" would b welcome here;

"Local OFF not sending arp or Seq midi"
-> when Local is OFF : For the ARP , you'll only see your midi notes (but not repeated/arpeggiated). that's all, no clock will be sent. For the SEQ, only CC and clock will be sent. No notes from your SEQ will be sent.
Please note that the 2 behaviors described above are exactly the same on previous firmware 1.1.2

"TYPE select sometimes fails to select new type and machine locks up for a few seconds"
-> Does it happen when selecting type by turning knob or by modulating type, i.e by a LFO? No issue on my side when turning knob. For sure, modulating it gives different results, currently investigating. Any more detail to share regarding your issue will again be welcome.

" SPICE control totally non functional in Local OFF "
-> here, you're totally right. When local is ON, spice is sending CC 2, but nothing when local is OFF. So yes, this is a bug, and it also exists on fw 1.1.2. Sorry about this, let's log this in our bugtracker. Thanks for this one !

"If i reenable Local then use spice while running a chord with HOLD, the whole machine plays a note of every octave from low to high then glitches out totally."
-> i don't have any issue on my side with this by reproducing the following steps :
From init preset (with local control ON)
Hold paraphony and create a chord
activate arp , play an arpeggio by holding your fingers on desired notes
press hold
Go in settings and set local control to off
try to add some spice -> as expected nothing happens.
go back in settings to reenable local control -> here i hear a little short audio glitch, due to setting change, but nothing's wrong reagrding the held arpeggio
from there i can freely use spice/dice without any issue.
Maybe my steps are wrong?

"I can scroll the TYPE control to the left PAST the Basic waves to a blank screen.
The parameter page goes blank then after i scroll back to Basic… "
-> I can't reproduce it either...

Hope it will give some clues. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

@EastvanTony : thanks for having reported the issues regarding MIDI THRU, i'll investigate and will keep you aware.

Thanks,

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:16:37 pm by Germain.arturia »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 02:08:46 pm »
oops, i forgot this one :

"ALSO: in the manual:
Program Change Receive - MIDI Program Change commands switch MicroFreak presets. That can be convenient, or you can turn it off to prevent presets from changing when you don't want them to."

This is a manual error, which have been already spotted on previous manual version. This manual mistake should have been addressed... let's remove it asap. Thanks!
to be clear, the Microfreak is able to receive program changes on 2 banks (Bank 1 -> pgm 0 to 127 -> will select preset 1 to 128 . Bank 2 -> pgm 0 to 127 -> will select preset 129 to 256)

No specific setting is available, nor in the device, nor in the MIDI CONTROL CENTER.

Blake Neon

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 04:34:08 pm »
I have been able to replicate the bug with the type knob dialling past basic waves to a blank page ( which also makes the noise Osc graphic disappear at the other end. It happened in my daw while sending and receiving midi with local on. This is while using the external instrument type in Ableton.As soon as I changed the output channel of the midi away from Chanel 1 (so not sending to the microfreak anymore)it went away.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 09:53:36 am »
Thanks Blake Neon! With your scenario, i managed to reproduce this .
let's log this and investigate.
best,

harrykaufman

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 05:01:44 pm »
I also thought that the Local off setting would only affect the keyboard, not the knobs. Would be great if Local Keyboard Off would ever become an option  8)

Aureloctopuzzle

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 12:07:02 am »
Hello,
well these updates are not at all ready .. i had problems with mine, and after a return of two months to Thomann and therefore to Arturia, and he is back it works, because before I had keyboard problems, power supply problems, and he was doing anything ... in short, that said, I will stay with the version they sent me, no presets, nothing. I prefer to start from nothing with what works rather than waiting for a real update and not patches which are, it must be said not very effective or rather dangerous .. in short, go give us a real firmware, take your time , and make it work, it's a shame I love this synth, but sometimes it still has problematic symptoms, it's a machine that I wanted to bring live, well as long as it's not stable, c 'is no, and that's really a shame .. in any case thanks for the repair, I would have liked to have a report to find out what it had, and if it's just software or harware .. then good receipt, used two hours small bug, but nothing serious .. but really, it's a shame that it is not stable to the point of taking it as a live instrument.

AureL

Jay Zen

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 08:20:53 am »
...well said. It can‘t be that we receive updates which cause more problems than they fix. Same goes for the Crave...two synths, two separate companies, but their updates cause more trouble than they fix. This is really not funny, atm.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines