April 16, 2024, 11:54:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Local off totally broken with Ableton live and other issues.  (Read 1313 times)

Blake Neon

• Apprentice
Local off totally broken with Ableton live and other issues.
« on: January 16, 2020, 12:02:07 pm »
Hi there, loving my microfreak but so frustrated trying to use this with my daw! Local off appears to be totally broken, I’m getting random note triggers and feedback loops on the filter and other controls. Arpegiator does not work and large lag of midi notes when recording to a clip.
So at the moment I have to use the microfreak as a midi input or output but not both at the same time.
Also another issue is the cc’s being sent when changing patches, was using the microfreak to control Minimoog app on my iPad and the patches kept going crazy, whenever I changed patches on the microfreak to send different sequences to the Moog.
As well as this I’m having to correct for clock synch by about 35 milliseconds in Ableton, but that may be down to my hardware.
I’ve used other external synths for years with none of these problems are the Arturia team aware of these issues and working on a fix?
Edit: having looked at the clock synch more accurately it’s only out by about 17ms.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 12:36:57 pm by Blake Neon »

TLW

• Apprentice
Re: Local off totally broken with Ableton live and other issues.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 09:30:05 pm »
The new firmware claims to address some of these issues.

I don’t have a clock sync issue with Live 10, but the Microfreak on the 1st firmware update tends to go crazy if connected to a DAW, the way I’ve dealt with that is as you say - make sure it either sends or receives MIDI but not both at the same time. Hopefully the new firmware will address that.

Blake Neon

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 01:55:01 pm »
Just installed the new update, some great additions there but local off is still broken for me, notes work fine but as soon as you turn a knob the midi ccs go crazy in a feedback loop.
Don’t understand why this is still broken as there must be many others with the same issue!
It’s not even like I’m trying to do some arcane routing. Hopefully Arturia are on the case with this and will get a fix out quick.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 04:23:14 pm »
Hi Blake Neon,
yes when local control is off, something definitely wrong with MIDI CC handling when used in DAW.
currently investigating.
thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Blake Neon

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 04:50:41 pm »
Hey thanks for the swift reply, looking forwards to this getting sorted as otherwise it’s an amazing machine. :)

TLW

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 07:18:38 am »
Hey thanks for the swift reply, looking forwards to this getting sorted as otherwise it’s an amazing machine. :)

This was flagged up as an issue almost immediately after the Microfreak was released. I can’t believe (OK, I can believe only too well) that Arturia still haven’t fixed this after two firmware upgrades and a bunch of other well-known issues. I just hope we aren’t going to have to wait another 8 months for the next set of bug-fixes.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines