April 20, 2024, 11:53:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Clicky attack.  (Read 2944 times)

Igro

• Apprentice
Clicky attack.
« on: December 10, 2019, 12:23:58 pm »
I'm wondering that when I'm switching to Martix 12/24 Filter, the plucky presets starting having a clicky attack until I set the AMP attack to 2.1ms. (2.1 ms, yeah!). Shouldn't the click disappear already at 0.2-0.5 ms?

LBH

Re: Clicky attack.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 12:56:46 pm »
Could you please be more precise.

Do you mean the "Plucky Stab" preset? It allready use Matrix filter, so what excactly do you mean?

Igro

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 01:09:13 pm »
Well, it doesn't matter which preset. It can be pure sine. The thing is, the click of the attack will not disappear until you set atrack 2.0 ms +.. This applies only if there is  filter involved (but I need to double check, if there would be the same behaviour without a filter too.). All other synths already remove attack's click at 0.2 - 0.3 ms.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:12:14 pm by Igro »

Igro

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 05:48:57 pm »
OK, after some more testing I can confirm, that when the Matrix filter is selected, then the attack clicks are very unstable (OSC phase retring is still set to zero).
I attached an audio sample and the preset. The preset might not load in your Pigments properly, as the synth's export and import feature is actually broken (at least with the standaone version). Please, fix all these issues. The last update was ages ago..
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 05:53:54 pm by Igro »

LBH

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 08:51:04 pm »
I don't think i ever have had issues with export and import of presets in Pigments. I could also import the preset you posted.
I'm on Windows 10.

I can confirm the Matrix filter have a random behavior, that the other filters does'nt have.

Igro

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 09:06:48 am »
Thank you for confirming this. Matrix is my favourite filter out there. But this attack instability makes it hard to produce stable plucks, basses and so on. Especially when a reverb involved. I hope it will be fixed

dusan.cani

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 09:35:40 am »
Hello. I can confirm this. I' ve also encountered clicks if using Matrix filter.

laxP

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 12:23:48 pm »
It does seem to me that version two has some issues with clicks and pops on atack that version one did seem not too. It does seem to be related to the filter settings, keytracking maybe

Igro

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 12:52:17 pm »
The attack clicks with the matrix filter was observed in v1 too. I made a ticket about it and support person confirmed it long time ago. Why there wasn't any fix for that in v2 .. i don't know.

wendylou

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 02:24:24 pm »
I can also confirm this issue in Pigments 2.0.  I noticed that I get clicks whenever the output goes red based on how many keys are being pressed.  It does not exceed the set polyphony so that's not the cause. I recorded the sound with clicks and examined in iZotope RX7 spectral analysis. There is no clipping present, so De-Clipping is not needed. However, using De-Click does remove the clicking sounds.  I zoomed into one waveform and toggled between before/after the De-Click operation, and I can see the shape of the waveform become slightly smoother after De-Click is applied. At first, I thought the issue was my DAW buffer settings, etc., but optimizing had no effect. This is coming straight from Pigments 2.0.  This is my first Arturia synth, so good to know it's not just me.  Hope they fix this, as it happens on more sounds than is tolerable.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 02:29:43 pm by wendylou »

JuleRool

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 09:25:35 pm »
I also get these clicks even with very slow attack, which makes Pigment unusable to me. Pigment looked very promising but...

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 09:11:07 am »
Hi,

We seem to have found the cause of the issue and corrected this. I can not give a precise date for this but this will be fixed fixed in the next update we release.
Just to be sure, can you confirm that the issue is present in the Matrix 12 filters only ?
Thank you for taking the time to detail the issue !

Best !

Victor

LBH

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2020, 01:49:07 pm »
Hi Vic-tor

I believe the click mentioned in this thread was about the random behavior the Matrix filter have. That's what i can confirm. The matrix filter changes randomly in volume/ attack, in a way i have'nt detected with the other filters.

Another click is about Mono playmode like in this thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=100682.msg166322#new

Perhaps someone mix this 2 click behaviors up.

Best

Igro

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 12:07:40 pm »
While the problem was not listed in the bug fixing list. I don't experience this issue anymore. Thank you for the latest update! Nice work!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines