April 19, 2024, 08:20:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do I send midi in sequencer 1 but not 2 ?  (Read 825 times)

Quarternte

How do I send midi in sequencer 1 but not 2 ?
« on: January 14, 2020, 06:08:15 pm »
Hi this is my first post and I am a complete beginner when it comes to getting midi and sequencers to work.
I have set up my kit thus:

A Bheringer model D connected to pitch, velo and gate in sequencer 1.
A Waldorf Blofeld connected midi out.
A Volca drum connected clock in and out.

I can get the Blofeld to sequence brilliantly on Sequencer 2. But when I try to get the Model D to work on sequencer 1 the Blofeld plays as well. How do I get sequencer 1 to stop sending midi to the Blofeld ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 07:01:09 pm by Quarternte »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: How do I send midi in sequencer 1 but not 2 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 06:00:43 am »
Is the Blofeld receiving notes from SEQ1 as well as SEQ2?  If that is the case, you possibly have the Blofeld MIDI channel set to OMNI, meaning it receives MIDI data sent on all channels.  Double check you have the Blofeld set to the same channel as SEQ2 (Blofeld Global Menu page 3).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Quarternte

Re: How do I send midi in sequencer 1 but not 2 ?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 05:38:10 pm »
Thanks megamarkd,
That solved the problem straight away. I changed the the midi Chanel on sequencer 1 to 2 and sequencer 2 to 1 [ so my korg piano could still play the synth ] Then changed the Blofeld from omni to 1 and Bob's your uncle it worked!
Thanks again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines