March 29, 2024, 12:08:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] The VST plugin has suddenly become EXTREMELY laggy  (Read 1621 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
[SOLVED] The VST plugin has suddenly become EXTREMELY laggy
« on: January 14, 2020, 01:11:05 pm »
I haven't been feeling creative for a couple months, but today decided to open and listen to some WIP projects.
Everything that uses Spark 2 now makes Reaper extremely unresponsive and laggy. Even the meters are lagging.
I did do the update on the rest of the Arturia instruments recently, but that didn't touch Spark 2. Reaper isn't fully up to date, I'm on 5.9x, but it worked just fine in this version of Reaper a couple months ago.
The standalone works fine as well.
I DID, just yesterday, update the drivers for my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface. This is the first time I've run any audio software since doing that. But still, it makes no sense that doing that would affect JUST the Spark 2 VST plugin. Again, the standalone works just fine.
I also created a blank new project. It was fine. Added a couple samples, still fine. Added Spark, instantly super laggy. Unusably so. However, playback is still smooth. Just the interface goes to hell.
As soon as I deleted Spark, everything went back to smooth as silk.
I'm at a loss here. Very frustrated and disheartened. I use Spark in just about everything, so most of my projects are now going to be like this.
I gave up for today, just don't wanna deal with it. Makes me sad and angry and frustrated and depressed and forlorn, and I just want to give up. :(  ???

EDIT: Rather than give up, I tried it in both Cakewalk and Ableton. Works just fine in both of those. Gonna try updating Reaper and see what happens.
EDIT EDIT: Nope. Updating Reaper didn't help. Guess I'll go over to those forums and ask there. <sigh> How frustrating. :\
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 11:05:32 pm by artao »
This space left intentionally blank.

gphantom

Re: The VST plugin has suddenly become EXTREMELY laggy
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 05:08:29 pm »
You might have to REMOVE reaper first and do a new clean install.  Seems to be a problem between different items/drivers etc.  Looks to me that the audio software update might be the culprit.  I've had to change my sound card to an ASIO based card which seems to have solved a few of my own problems with latency etc.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 11:59:03 am »
You might have to REMOVE reaper first and do a new clean install.  Seems to be a problem between different items/drivers etc.  Looks to me that the audio software update might be the culprit.  I've had to change my sound card to an ASIO based card which seems to have solved a few of my own problems with latency etc.
I am reticent to un-/re-install Reaper, but if it comes down to that, I'll do it.
My audio interface does use ASIO.
I kinda doubt it's the driver update, seeing as only Reaper is having this problem, and only with Spark 2.
I've also sought help in the Reaper forums. It's clearly (I think) a Reaper issue.
I'll also try rolling back the audio interface drivers and see if that helps.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 11:05:10 pm »
SOLVED!
A person in the Reaper forums asked if I happened to have a script called DrivenByMoss installed.
I did.
Removed it, and everything has gone back to normal. WHAT A RELIEF!! ... I'd have NEVER figured that out myself.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines