April 19, 2024, 09:35:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: keystep budget alternatives  (Read 2435 times)

petefourtimes

• Apprentice
keystep budget alternatives
« on: December 30, 2019, 06:15:04 pm »
hello everyone, this is my first post here and i'm fairly new to this world.
I recently acquired a minibrute 2s, it was just an bargain i just couldn't pass (around 170€ ), but now i feel the need for the keys and the keystep is a bit out of range for me.
Is there any compatible alternative that is able to fully replace the keystep, but around half the price.

Thank you all in advance

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: keystep budget alternatives
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 08:56:24 pm »
I don't know of anything else with the functionality and low price of the KeyStep - Keyboard with velocity and aftertouch, arpeggiator, sequencer, DIN and USB MIDI, CV and gate.

You might be able a to pick up a small controller keyboard fort slightly less (with some bundled software, e.g. Ableton Live Lite for sequencing) , but then without most of the above features, and in most cases the need to have everything connected to a computer to make it work.

petefourtimes

• Apprentice
Re: keystep budget alternatives
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 04:48:47 am »
I don't know of anything else with the functionality and low price of the KeyStep - Keyboard with velocity and aftertouch, arpeggiator, sequencer, DIN and USB MIDI, CV and gate.

You might be able a to pick up a small controller keyboard fort slightly less (with some bundled software, e.g. Ableton Live Lite for sequencing) , but then without most of the above features, and in most cases the need to have everything connected to a computer to make it work.

Thanks D justice for your advice, and sorry for my late reply. I ended up putting some effort on savings and bought the keystep. I am still having some issues on putting everything together, but to be honest as a noob I am, I haven't yet put the time i meant into it and i'm still trying to get everything together and learning about synths and controllers (and specially the pc part) in hopes of reaching my personal sound (more of a doom one).
I am having a ton of fun messing around though. ;)
thanks so much for your help, I'll dive more into the forum to learn.

until we meet again,

all the best
pete four times

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines