March 29, 2024, 08:39:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Allow users to turn off those bright LEDs  (Read 3302 times)

DrRhythm2030

• Apprentice
Allow users to turn off those bright LEDs
« on: January 10, 2020, 10:22:09 pm »
The Keylab Essential's firmware should be updated to allow users to do 2 things:

1. Dim the LED lights on all buttons.
2. Turn off the LED lights, if the user wants.

The reason for this is simple. The Keylab is a controller keyboard, and as such, it will often be positioned in front of a computer monitor. To have such a constant bright light in front of your computer screen is annoying. Right now, I have a small piece of plastic placed on top of the "Cat/Char" and "Preset" buttons to try and block their constant brightness.

Let's also keep in mind that as musicians, we often enjoy working in studios with ambient light conditions to inspire us. Having keyboards with glaring lights destroys this mood.

Arturia updated the firmware to the Keystep to allow us to dim its lights. So, I am hoping Arturia will do the same with the Keylab, and take things further by allowing us to turn off the lights, too, if we wish.

And just to clarify: I am not referring to "Vegas Mode" here. I am very thankful that the current firmware allows us to shut that off. But, I am obviously disappointed that the remaining lights cannot be dimmed and turned off, too.

Steve Barnes

Re: Allow users to turn off those bright LEDs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 05:14:41 am »
(I support this request too!  Even one or two of those solid white LEDs is remarkably bright.)

PapaStef

Re: Allow users to turn off those bright LEDs
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 11:27:15 pm »
This. Duplicate posted it. Oops

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines