March 28, 2024, 09:30:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Tap Tempo  (Read 2147 times)

DeMole

• My Music
Tap Tempo
« on: January 10, 2020, 11:13:34 am »
It'd be useful when playing live with others to be able to set the tempo by tapping on a button. How about "Shift + the left octave key".
Cheers

Thinkman

• Apprentice
Re: Tap Tempo
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 12:06:04 am »
+1
Plus Tap to set LFO rate would be cool too

and a flashing LED for Tempo / LFO rate would be useful
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 07:34:04 am by Thinkman »

Roseweave

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 04:06:53 pm »
Yes, please. This is really needed for playing in a live setting with traditional musicians.

Kykus

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 04:55:17 pm »
+1

I love the Microfreak, but this would make it perfect for me! I would really like to use it live with my band.

BLEO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The dUmmydroMe
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 05:55:32 pm »
+1

I love the Microfreak, but this would make it perfect for me! I would really like to use it live with my band.

I know that countering a feature request with another piece of gear to buy isn't very helpful, but in the case of playing with a band, I use the Disaster Area Designs MIDI Baby pedal as a tap-tempo for all the gear in my live setup. Works great with the Microfreak!

Kykus

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 11:51:47 am »
I know that countering a feature request with another piece of gear to buy isn't very helpful, but in the case of playing with a band, I use the Disaster Area Designs MIDI Baby pedal as a tap-tempo for all the gear in my live setup. Works great with the Microfreak!

I've seen these and they look perfect, although a bit pricey! How do you set it up - do you just use a TRS cable from the red output in the MIDI Baby into the Clock In on the Microfreak?

BLEO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The dUmmydroMe
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 06:47:20 pm »
Yes, that would totally work. I prefer to use the 5pin out so I can use the multijack with an expression pedal to send MIDI CCs as well.

I've seen these and they look perfect, although a bit pricey! How do you set it up - do you just use a TRS cable from the red output in the MIDI Baby into the Clock In on the Microfreak?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines