March 28, 2024, 07:27:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Imported folders don't refresh  (Read 1542 times)

creal

• Apprentice
Imported folders don't refresh
« on: January 09, 2020, 09:56:36 pm »
Hello,

I regret that when we import a folder containing .wav files, Pigments does not refresh it. We can move new samples to this folder, but before using samples we first had to remove the folder from Pigments add re-add it manually. Then we're able to use the new samples via the drop-down menu.

creal.

LBH

Re: Imported folders don't refresh
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 10:03:40 pm »
HI,

Does'nt it refresh if you select another folder, and then return to the wanted folder?

creal

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 12:44:28 am »
Hi,

Nope. I tried to select another folder or even close Pigments and reopen it, nothing changed. I have to remove and reimport the folder. This is unfortunately very annoying for the user, and unsuitable from such a piece of software.

creal.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 01:15:00 am »
HI,

I have just tried it here with a both a folder with a huge amount of samples and a single sample, and the samples are shown and availble even without changing folders.

If i delete a folder, then i have to close the sample window and reopen it before i can see the folder are gone.

If i relocate a sample i have to select another folder and then return to see the change.
If i copy a sample in example from a document folder, and paste it in a sample folder for pigments in Programdata, then it's the same.

So this need more testing and informations it look like.

Perhaps someone else can confirm?

Windows 10.

creal

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 05:06:19 pm »
Hello LBH,

Thanks for the info. I retried this morning. None of the imported folders (be it wavetables or samples to mangle) refresh the content. I must remove then import the folders again to be able to see recently added samples. By the way, it's a shame that Pigments does not look into subfolders.

Anyone here to verify the behaviour, please?

spacef

• Apprentice
    • SpaceF-Devices
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 08:53:58 am »
By the way, it's a shame that Pigments does not look into subfolders.

I am making a multisampled bank and I find it better that way. I would like subfolders though, as long as it does not import samples into the same place, but respects the sub-folder structure. For multisampled instruments, it is essential for editing presets that each octave is seperated.

I would love a "refresh" function (right-click, refresh).
https://spacef-devices.com/  (Scope devices)
https://midipoti.com   (overlays and stuff)

creal

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 09:27:01 am »
Hello Mehdi,

You're right, the samples must not be gathered through subfolders. I meant: import one single parent folder and be able to browse through subfolders by double-clicking. I will change the way I wrote that feature request in the appropriate subforum.

Yes, a right-click and "refresh" would be useful, in addition to an automatic refresh at the startup.

EDIT: it auto-refreshes at the startup only if you copy the samples/folders to the following path: "Program Data/Arturia/Samples/Pigments/User/Classic Samples". To be precise, Pigments does not remember a personal path but copies the sample/folder to "Classic Samples" when you hit the "import" icon from the engine GUI. I think it should be better implemented.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:06:46 am by creal »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines