May 13, 2021, 05:23:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Trying to send program changes to a sound module but I can only use buttons???  (Read 989 times)

bostonsynth

• Apprentice
I am stuck, do you think you could help and see what I am getting wrong. I am so close. I can increment with the Piz plugin but it doesn't stay relative to where I currently am in the banks. It always jumps around even though it does increment 1 by 1 correctly. Every time I make a change it messes up so I don't know how to proceed. Thank you so much.

(note:I tried this converter instead of MIDIProgChange because I got farther in the process and there is no way to convert the CC to change in that plugin by itself so I am confused)

Here's what I have so far.
The problem is I can only map the CC to either inc OR dec, but when I use two instances of the plugin, it conflicts with itself. I can either step up or step down, but not both. Because CC114 is in use or something, I don't quite understand. Sorry.
FYI the data from the Keylab MK 2 here is this:

increment
0: B0 72 40 [CC114] chan 1 val 64
1: B0 72 41 [CC114] chan 1 val 65

decrement
2: B0 72 40 [CC114] chan 1 val 64
3: B0 72 3F [CC114] chan 1 val 63

BANK:

increment
0: B0 70 40 [CC112] chan 1 val 64
1: B0 70 41 [CC112] chan 1 val 65

decrement
2: B0 70 40 [CC112] chan 1 val 64
3: B0 70 3F [CC112] chan 1 val 63

What utilities do you suggest to workaround this, can you guide me please? I don't know the plugins you speak of, thank you.

Most DAW's have some type of native MIDI translation tools, but if yours won't doesn't, there's a collection of utilities by PizMIDI that includes a VST called MIDIProgChange that can take CC input and translate it into a +1 or -1 program change.

I think the wheel transmits on 113 and sends something like 63 (left turn) or 64 (right turn). (Don't hold me to those exact numbers--there are also tools like MIDIox that can tell you exactly what the keyboard's sending.) Using the PizMIDI plugin, you could map those values to increment/decrement program change.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 04:29:14 pm by bostonsynth »

hrgraf

• Apprentice
Hi, I have built a VST2 plug-in as work-around for this issue. It converts the Arturia default CC MIDI commands of the Preset knob to MIDI program changes.
Check it out at https://github.com/hrgraf/pizmidi and let me know if it works for you!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines