April 27, 2024, 12:08:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1 key not getting midi signal  (Read 1284 times)

Deeman_36

• Apprentice
1 key not getting midi signal
« on: January 06, 2020, 12:10:17 am »
I have an issue with the D3 key on my unit not receiving a midi signal when the unit is initially powered on. It does seem to respond more as it is played but still relatively non responsive when all other keys are working fine. I'll tap on it and get intermittent sound from it, but not consistent enough for it to be playable. The unit was purchased in late October of 2019, so it is new.

I have submitted a support ticket but have been assured that the support team is very busy during this season.  Any possible suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

gphantom

Re: 1 key not getting midi signal
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 04:20:20 pm »
In my case, I had a problem with a few keys that didn't respond.  What I found was that I had moved my VSTs to a specific folder (since other software placed theirs in their own folder) and using the Ableton Live DAW, it only sees one folder that you assign.  My problem was that I had an update to one of the software (I think it was Analog Lab) but I didn't transfer the new VST to the main folder I set up so there was a conflict between the old VST which was located in  C:\AllVSTs  and the location that Analog Lab installed to (though I think the later installations asks where to place the VSTs now)
Maybe that could help solve your problem - Or not.

Deeman_36

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 11:36:12 pm »
Thanks for replying with your issue, I appreciate it.

I have a designated folder that I have most VSTs installed into and my other midi controllers have not had any issues like the Keylab has. This issue happens when I run a VST in stand alone and within a DAW, so it  does not seem it is isolated to Analog Lab as you've mentioned. Also I did a complete reinstall of the software, have the latest firmware update and have factory reset the Keylab.

What it seems to me is that the signal to the particular key (which in my case is the D3), has a signal issue because when I first power on and start playing, that key does not play when all of the others are responding as they should.  After some time though (usually after 15 or so minutes), it seemingly starts to respond better as far as playing, but still getting a corrupted signal to where it does not function as it should. Also, playing the key with different velocity does not seem to have and effect.
 At times I'll hold that particular key down and release. I then will play other keys and come back and try that key again. Sometimes that seems to wake the signal?

I was instructed by the support team to open up Midi Control Center and send them info as I'm playing the keys to see if they are getting the proper values, which I did after the D3 began to work to where they could see the midi value it sent to MCC.

I'll keep researching and hopefully find more of you that might have had similar issues so we can figure out if this has to do with an internal hardware issue, software issue, etc.

gphantom

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 04:57:41 pm »
Another idea would be to replace the USB cable (since this seems to solve other people's problem) - Another thing is to try it on another computer to verify that the same problem exists on another system, in which case, it would indeed be the keyboard.  Maybe a cold solder joint etc.  Also, if you have another controler (I have a keystep) try that.  You should be able to isolate the problem that way.

Deeman_36

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 07:19:50 pm »
Thanks,
The controller is new (October of 2019), but it might not be a bad idea to purchase a spare usb 2.0 cord.
I have tried the controller on another computer with the same results. My other keyboards/midi controllers work fine.

It could be a factory defect as you have mentioned, but I don't want to void the warranty by opening the unit.  Hopefully I can get this figured out soon.

Deeman_36

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 07:19:24 pm »
I sent the unit for repair (RMA). The only downfall was the shipping cost to send it, but glad to have it back finally working.  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines