March 28, 2024, 03:11:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Need to Configure M2 to Accept Clock From Ableton  (Read 3889 times)

marcus_1971

Need to Configure M2 to Accept Clock From Ableton
« on: January 05, 2020, 02:02:27 pm »
Hello,

I am using Live 10. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. I am also very new to this.

I have four external devices: Mother 32, DFAM, Drumbrute, Minibrute 2.

I want to use Ableton as the mater clock to control the sequencers. The drumbrute and minibrute 2 are connected via USB (I also have 5-pin cables).

The drumbrute is getting clock data no problem via USB. I have a patch running from the clock out on the drumbrute to the tempo input on the Mother 32 which is patched into the DFAM. All three devices on this chain sync perfectly .

The minibrute 2....I cannot get to take the clock no matter what I do. I have tried running a 5-pin straight from my interface to the mini but it won't take. I have tried to use midi thru on the drumbrute and run a cable over to the mini. No go.

I have a feeling the answer is within the Ableton midi preferences but I feel like I've tried everything. Or it could be the midi settings for the mini, but again, I think I've tried everything.

Help!

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 02:10:38 pm by marcus_1971 »

marcus_1971

Re: Need to Configure M2 to Accept Clock From Ableton
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 04:40:52 pm »
I got it sorted. I was looking for a complicated answer rather than the obvious sync button ON the unit.

Doh!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines