March 29, 2024, 08:52:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Seq/Arp functions Issues  (Read 1126 times)

Bleeps4Ever

Seq/Arp functions Issues
« on: January 04, 2020, 08:16:01 pm »
Hi All. Just got my keystep few days ago. It seems all the sequence slots have a seq in them that I cannot clear. Even if I overwrite with a new seq I still hear the old seq in the background. It also plays this seq when in arp mode in addition to the notes I am holding. I realize that this may be user error, but it's extremely frustrating. I have tried clear last and recording a new seq with only a rest to n avail. I am using to control external hardware synths. Can someone help? I really want to like this product.  ???

gphantom

Re: Seq/Arp functions Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 10:56:41 pm »
Link it to the Midi Control Center program.  From there, you should be able to clear all steps in the unit.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 02:20:44 am »
There is no overdub function as such on the Keystep, so this shouldn't be happening.  I don't recall this being an issue with older firmwares, but make sure you have the latest firmware installed for a start (using MCC).
Changing the length of the sequence will preserve the notes past the last step of the new pattern length, depending on what mode you have set sequence length update to in MCC (but this doesn't sound like your problem).
As far as the sequence still running while you are in Arp Mode, I've never heard of that happening before.  I'd start with a factory reset (press both oct+ and oct- while powering up, back up all your sequences to MCC first) and a firmware reinstall to see if that fixes the problem (download the latest firmware from Arturia then click the firmware button in MCC, it'll look for a recent update online, then ask you if you want to update manually, click update then point it at the firmware file you downloaded when it prompts you to).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

deeboi70@gmail.com

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 05:06:32 am »
@ Bleeps4Ever try this.

Example: Creating an empty 64 step sequence.

1. On the Keystep, Hit Record once and let it go
2. Now Press and Hold Record and press the key for midi channel 16 four times to give you 64 steps.
3. Press play, you should now have an empty 64 step sequence so nothing should play.
Just adjust it for how many steps you want.

I had something similar happen too and this worked for me. Hope that helps.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines