March 28, 2024, 06:22:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Click on mono mode  (Read 2731 times)

moix

• Apprentice
Click on mono mode
« on: January 04, 2020, 06:18:49 pm »
Whenever I'm using mono mode and playing legato notes there is an annoying click happening.

It happens on both wavetable and analog engines.

It doesn't matter if I set the envelopes to be 1 second long, the click is always there.

LBH

Re: Click on mono mode
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 06:49:06 pm »
Do you have this click on all presets.
Please provide a preset example?
It's normal on any synth there is a click when the gate open and closes and the AMP env is being retriggered. You notice it more on some sounds than others. You will in example hear it much with a pure Sine wave. In other sounds you will not hear it at all or just be a part of the attack.
So please elaborate.

moix

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 09:21:15 pm »
Create a blank preset, pick a sine or triangle wave (either analog engine or wavetable), set polyphony to mono, then play legato (overlapping) notes.

It's normal on any synth there is a click when the gate open and closes and the AMP env is being retriggered

I don't think this is normal. I just tried it on 3 different synths and it doesn't happen (Hive, Zebra, Twin 2).

In other sounds you will not hear it at all or just be a part of the attack.

This happens before the attack of the next note has even happened. If you set the attack to 3 seconds or more the click will still happen long before you hear anything from the next note.

It seems Pigments is doing a micro fade when cutting the current note (see the image) before the next note starts, but still this doesn't prevent the clicking sound.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 10:05:51 pm »
Create a blank preset, pick a sine or triangle wave (either analog engine or wavetable), set polyphony to mono, then play legato (overlapping) notes.
Yes i did do that. In that mode you retrigger the AMP env on legato.
Try and set the playmode to LEGATO and play legato, then the AMP env does'nt retrigger, and you'll have much less clicking.

It's normal on any synth there is a click when the gate open and closes and the AMP env is being retriggered
I don't think this is normal. I just tried it on 3 different synths and it doesn't happen (Hive, Zebra, Twin 2).
That's simply not true. I have just tested both Hive and Zebra, and when you set them to MONO in a retrigger mode so they is in the same mode you test Pigments, then they also click a lot.
I don't have TWIN 2.

I also have other vendors synths, and they also click.

That said, then i would like and wish for less clicking.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines