April 19, 2024, 01:02:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Very slow loading of presets in Pigments 2  (Read 5060 times)

Torbenchristensen@hotmail

Very slow loading of presets in Pigments 2
« on: January 04, 2020, 12:42:01 am »
I recently purchased Pigments 2. I'm running a rather powerful PC system (Win10 64 Pro, 16GB, i7, NVMe SSD) and have no other real performance issues in Ableton Live Suite 10. But loading presets in Pigments 2 takes forever (16 to 25 seconds) when chosing a new preset. It renders the 1000 presets useless. I have looked everywhere in my system i.e excluded the ableton and Arturia folders from real-time AV scanning. Google doesn't offer any clues. Help!? I have the V-Collection 7. These synths are also rather slow at loading presets compared to e.g. Serum, but no where near Pigments.

LBH

Re: Very slow loading of presets in Pigments 2
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 01:09:30 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Do you have the same preset loading time, when you run Pigments 2 as a standalone application?

Do you have the issue with all presets, or is it with certain presets?

Have you tried to reinstall Pigments?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 01:15:25 am by LBH »

Torbenchristensen@hotmail

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 12:48:22 pm »
Hi LBH

Thank you for your interest!

It works fine in the standalone Pigments 2. But I obviously want to use it as a VST for Ableton. Since the standalone works fine, I did not reinstall it, as my assumption is, that it makes no difference to reinstall the *.dll file. I checked all installation paths, since the speed actually suggested, that the presets were retrieved from my Onedrive, which is not the case. So the problem seems to be related to my Ableton installation. It's just curious, that my other VST's seem to work alright.

The issue is with all presets. It tends to average more towards 20-25 seconds than less. My SSD is optimised. The memory is only half full and my usual CPU load within Ableton is 35% in a full project.

I will anyway try to reinstall the synth. I of course hoped, that someone would direct me towards some setting, that I missed.

T.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 04:11:16 pm »
If you did have issues in standalone mode, then perhaps Ableton could be ruled out as cause to the issue.
I would still try to reinstall, just to be certain, that it's not an install error.

There is'nt any speciel settings you can change. Just don't move things, after you have installed, but install directly everything to the correct locations.

From what your words, i assume you in generel have the same settings and install locations for Pigments as for your V-Collection applications, so that's not causing the issue.

If you have issues with all Pigments presets, then it does'nt seem to be an issue isolated to an audio sample loading issue.

Is there a difference between using pigments as VST2 and VST3?

Have you tried to disable OneDrive? I have it disabled, just like i have disabled all the background services, that can have an impact on computer performance, and that i don't need for music production. I would not have something like OneDrive running, at least while i work with audio applications.

It renders the 1000 presets useless.
I'm not sure what you mean with this? If you mean Ableton scan all the time, then perhaps it's worth to find out why.

I don't use Ableton live. I can't tell if this is a DAW related Pigment issue. I don't recall i've seen others having this specific issue with Ableton live.
You can allways contact Arturia support directly from your account, if you need it.

Nick Stim

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 01:52:19 pm »
Hi,

Im having exactly the same problem. Very looong time to charge a preset. The problem is a bit less on standalone version but with Ableton Live it s just a nightmare. I already reinstalled the software, Ableton , Pigment and Arturia. Still not working correctly.
Thanks

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 10:03:14 am »
Hello.

At the moment, the loading time is longer in VST3 and AU, but faster with the VST2.
We are working to improve this behavior in the next updates.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards.

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

creal

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 05:02:01 pm »
Hello,

I can confirm that the loading time of presets is longer via VST3 than VST2 version of the plugin (tested in Ableton Live 10, Bitwig 3 and Reaper 6).

Cheers,

creal.

Headwork

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 01:32:19 pm »
Hi,

I'm having similar issues to others on the forum with preset loading times for all synths in V Collection 7 and Pigments 2. Similarly to other users I have a good machine (Win10 64 Pro, i7, 32GB, Good Samsung SSD). Pigments in standalone loads presets pretty fast (although not as fast as I would like) but loading times in Ableton are frustrating to the point of completely distracted workflow.

Using the VST2 versions on a otherwise blank Ableton project does help load times but not a viable solution for actually making music. I hope there is a really good performance update coming soon. It's great Arturia have such a massive collection of quality presets, but we need to be able to actually navigate and load them!

Thanks

creal

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 06:08:11 pm »
Hello,

The new version does not optimize the preset loading duration. The VST3 plugin is still 3 to 4 times slower than the VST2 plugin.

Maybe it's planed for the next update.

captainbleep

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2020, 10:03:43 pm »
I too continue to have this problem after the update. It doesn't exist when using Pigments standalone, only when navigating in Live (v10). I'm using the AU version on a Macbook Pro with High Sierra, i7, 16GB ram.

Hayabusa

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2020, 04:04:46 pm »
Hi,
same problem here...stand-alone or in the host LIVE, takes time to load any of the presets...
Mac book pro i9/2,9/32GB Ram/2 TB SSD....

Risorius

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2020, 02:54:50 pm »
Hello.

At the moment, the loading time is longer in VST3 and AU, but faster with the VST2.
We are working to improve this behavior in the next updates.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards.

Edouard

Any info on when to expect the update?
What are the recomendations so far? The speed of preset load makes the synth unusable as it just kills the flow :(

Lutein79

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2021, 06:01:54 pm »
I have been using Arturia Synths for a long time and I am very satisfied. However, I noticed one problem, and that is loading the VST3 plugins in Ableton Live 10/11, which is therefore extremely long. I didn't realize this thing at all until I opened an old project without Arturia plugins. It opened immediately :-). Normally I have 8 synths on different tracks and open such a project takes even minutes and I have an extra powerful device.

Developers should look forward to optimization! Otherwise, all your plugins are TOP.

sunbambino

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2022, 08:42:05 pm »
2022 rolling out and STILL no fix from Arturia for this issue???

What's the point of of an amazing arsenal of synths if one knows that say Pigments is gonna slow the loading of a project to a ridiculous extent?

Like Torben Christensen I'm running a fast machine, an iMac Pro in my case. Recently with the Arturia presets sale I thought I'd supercharge my V Collection.

Did I get a brutal shock when instantiation-times went insane? 25-30 seconds to load Pigments and slightly longer for A Lab. Whaaaaaat?

I have Diva with 10,000 presets, loads like lightning. Same for Omnisphere with a similarly vast library. Same for Serum, rammed with presets.

I wrote Arturia about this. They wrote back that this is normal. IT''S NOT! No waaaay! No way at all.

So here's a caveat to all considering expanding their VC libraries. Basically, unless you enjoy twiddling your thumbs while your workflow goes down the toilet, DON'T!

Arturia should understand that musos will just avoid loading their synths in projects if these behaviours remain as 'normal'. And sooner or later this will impact sales.

C'mon Arturia, in Pigments you have a world-beating unit. Don't let this synth die because of poor code or shadowy background protocols. FIX IT please!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines