April 19, 2024, 03:26:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Run sequencer without pitch track having an effect?  (Read 1403 times)

captainbleep

• Apprentice
Run sequencer without pitch track having an effect?
« on: January 03, 2020, 11:02:27 pm »
Hi all.

The MB2S has caught my eye recently... I've got a BeatStep Pro that I'm perfectly happy with and am considering using to sequence a MB2s. Is it possible to de-couple the pitch track on the MB2s from the sequencer so I can use the other tracks as modulation sources while the BSP is controlling the actual pitch of the synth?

A cursory glance of the manual suggests there might be a number of ways to do this. Muting the pitch track. Setting the pitch track to 0v for each step and keeping all the gates off. Possibly others.

It would be great to be able to use the pitch track for something else INSTEAD of pitch, but if that's not an option that's fine.

Thanks!

Worldsday

• Apprentice
Re: Run sequencer without pitch track having an effect?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 12:33:22 am »
Unless I'm mistaken, the pitch track (track 1) is a dedicated track and can only sequence quantized pitch voltages. That said, you can still patch it to non-pitch CV inputs, and the 2 oscillators both have pitch inputs, which are completely de-normalled from the pitch track if you plug something else into them.

captainbleep

• Apprentice
Re: Run sequencer without pitch track having an effect?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 11:22:20 pm »
Excellent! Thank you!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines