March 28, 2024, 11:12:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can it be done on THIS ARP 2600  (Read 6076 times)

drumpilot

• Apprentice
Re: Can it be done on THIS ARP 2600
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 03:35:39 am »
Hey Ady, yeah that's a good idea adding some release. I cranked it up on the ADSR to 880.0 ms and you get some nice longer notes when you play really short keyboard strokes. Also, I think there was too much portamento so I lowered it to .60. It's a blast messing around with all the variables involved in a patch. The possibilities are virtually endless.

I tried something similar to what was in your screenshot, but couldn't quite make it sound like what you were originally going for. Thanks for the video link. I'll check out more of his other videos too.

Regards,
Jeff

ady

• Apprentice
Re: Can it be done on THIS ARP 2600
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 11:02:59 am »
Hey Drumpilot!

See interpsersed.

Hey Ady, yeah that's a good idea adding some release. I cranked it up on the ADSR to 880.0 ms and you get some nice longer notes when you play really short keyboard strokes.

[Ady - Yes, it's really satisfying, is it not. You can sort of feel that weight]

Also, I think there was too much portamento so I lowered it to .60.

[Ady - Yes. I did that too. I forgot to say so. What I have found with portamento is that it has to jibe with the tempo of the song and the playing. The way I do it is I make the bass part and let it play and adjust the portamento on the fly until it is delivering just the right amount of "bendy".] 

It's a blast messing around with all the variables involved in a patch. The possibilities are virtually endless.

[Adrian - Yes indeedy!! I think the Arturia ARP 2600 V3 is a superb synth. Despite owning all the others by Arturia, I always come back to it. My second fave is the Moog Modular. They just seems to hit the mark. It is just a pity the ARP can't quite do what the original did. Let's see where Arturia take it next. ] 

I tried something similar to what was in your screenshot, but couldn't quite make it sound like what you were originally going for.

[Adrian - Yes. That was my method. I found the TimewARP and the Arturia 2600 to be quite different. That is why I could not make the sound, and that was when I came here asking if better sound designers *could* do it.]

Thanks for the video link. I'll check out more of his other videos too.

[Adrian - If you are song writer, you will find a lot of good stuff in his vids :) :). He is also a very pleasant man.]

Regards,
Jeff

[Have a great day :)]

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines