March 28, 2024, 07:47:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab MkII 61 : lowest F# key makes a click/spring noise  (Read 2100 times)

bjb

KeyLab MkII 61 : lowest F# key makes a click/spring noise
« on: December 29, 2019, 09:23:14 pm »
Hi, I just tried my new KeyLab MkII 61, and i noticed that one key, the lowest F# (black key) makes a noticeable "click" noise when pressing then releasing the key. It's somewhat like the noise of a metallic spring. All the other keys are silent, they don't have that mechanical "click" feel and noise. I noticed too that if I press the G key next to this F# key when it is also pressed, the G key makes this sort of noise too, but quieter, and while the G key is pressed, the F# does not make the noise anymore (does not work with the F key, on the other side). Hope that makes sense. It's pretty annoying, and beyond that do i have to worry about this, is this a defective product ?
Did anyone have the same problem, or could it be normal ?

Thanks for your help.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: KeyLab MkII 61 : lowest F# key makes a click/spring noise
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 12:01:06 pm »
It's somewhat like the noise of a metallic spring.
Probably the spring on the key catching on something when you press it. I've had similar in the past (on various keyboards). If it bothers you take it back and ask for a replacement.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

bjb

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 06:43:29 pm »
Thank you for your advice, i'll ask for a replacement indeed, it's a shame to have this sort of issue out of the box and the product is rather expensive. 

knasser

• Apprentice
    • Synth Rev
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 05:46:03 pm »
Did you sort this out? I am having the same exact issue but with all my white keys. This issue developed suddenly.
Please visit my page at https://www.synthrev.com/synths/arturia-matrixbrute.html and post a review. Thanks!

Lutein79

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 07:56:39 pm »
On all googled forums all spoked about any method how to repair this issue with take the keys out. But I can't found the video from arturia how to repair this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines